If you’re unfamiliar with Craigslist’s “Missed Connections” section, it’s ostensibly a place for people to go to try to find love interests who they saw or talked to in a fleeting moment, who they now have no other way of contacting.
The past week or so has seen a number of Arlington-related missed connections, many of them involving unlikely places or situations to be looking for love.
- Army Dude by the Horses (Arlington Cemetery) — “I probably talked more to the horse than I did to you, but I do remember you smiling a lot.”
- Taste of Arlington (Ballston) — “You have a nose piercing and we traded a few looks as we waited for the [paella] to be finished. Despite my dressed down attire, please note that I am employed.”
- Columbia Pike Farmers Market — “I asked you about the single fruit you had purchased… We also spoke about seafood.”
- 25C Bus — “We were on the bus together. Looked at each other a lot.”
- Sitting in Court (Courthouse) — “I’m not the shy type, but something about asking for your number during court just seemed wrong.”
Taqueria el Poblano on Columbia Pike is staying open for a few more months after all. In March, ARLnow reported that the local staple known for its margaritas was set…
Ballston Beaver Pond is in need of a new name because, well, there are no more beavers. An online survey to rename Ballston Beaver Pond is set to close on…
Memorial Day Closures — County offices and facilities like libraries and community centers will be closed Monday for the Memorial Day holiday. Metered parking will not be enforced. But trash…
Today’s Listing of the Day features a 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,000 square feet of living space and a hands-free kitchen faucet.