If you’re unfamiliar with Craigslist’s “Missed Connections” section, it’s ostensibly a place for people to go to try to find love interests who they saw or talked to in a fleeting moment, who they now have no other way of contacting.
The past week or so has seen a number of Arlington-related missed connections, many of them involving unlikely places or situations to be looking for love.
- Army Dude by the Horses (Arlington Cemetery) — “I probably talked more to the horse than I did to you, but I do remember you smiling a lot.”
- Taste of Arlington (Ballston) — “You have a nose piercing and we traded a few looks as we waited for the [paella] to be finished. Despite my dressed down attire, please note that I am employed.”
- Columbia Pike Farmers Market — “I asked you about the single fruit you had purchased… We also spoke about seafood.”
- 25C Bus — “We were on the bus together. Looked at each other a lot.”
- Sitting in Court (Courthouse) — “I’m not the shy type, but something about asking for your number during court just seemed wrong.”