Anyone driving in the Pentagon City area on Sunday, the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, should expect numerous road and highway closures.
Arlington County Police, Virginia State Police and the Pentagon Force Protection Agency will be closing numerous routes near the Pentagon at the request of the U.S. Secret Service.
“Motorists are encouraged to make alternate travel arrangements to avoid the area around the Pentagon,” Arlington police said in a statement. “As conditions change it is possible these road closures will be broadened. Those traveling through this area should expect significant delays for the majority of the day and are strongly encouraged to avoid the area.”
According to a list provided by police, the closures include:
Closures from 8:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at exit 8B on 395.
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at the split to Northbound I-395.
- Washington Boulevard southbound from Memorial Bridge.
- Route 395 Southbound to Pentagon South Parking will be closed. All traffic will be diverted onto southbound Route 1 through Crystal City (Officers will be posted along this route to assist in directing motorists back to I-395 via Glebe Road and South 23rd Street).
- Columbia Pike will be closed from Joyce Street to Pentagon South Parking (access to Pentagon via Boundary Channel).
- 395 Northbound HOV – no access to Washington Boulevard from N/B 395.
- 395 Northbound HOV – access to Eads Street from northbound HOV, only southbound HOV exit will be closed (northbound must exit to Army Navy Drive).
- Route 110 southbound will be closed at I-66. All access to Route 110 will be blocked along Route 110 at Wilson Boulevard, Marshall Drive, Memorial Drive, George Washington Parkway and Route 27.
- Route 110 northbound will be closed from Route. All access to Route 110 will be blocked south of Memorial Drive
Closures from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Fern Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Eads Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Rotary Road closed throughout South Parking
- The North /South Connector road at the Pentagon
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5266 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A water rescue operation is underway along Four Mile Run after reports of a drunk man falling down an embankment. The incident happened shortly before 4 p.m. behind the Virginia…
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
In honor of the one-month anniversary of this article, we give you a new Mike Mount cartoon. In case you don’t get the reference, it also riffs on some of…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,