Arlington County Police, Virginia State Police and the Pentagon Force Protection Agency will be closing numerous routes near the Pentagon at the request of the U.S. Secret Service.
“Motorists are encouraged to make alternate travel arrangements to avoid the area around the Pentagon,” Arlington police said in a statement. “As conditions change it is possible these road closures will be broadened. Those traveling through this area should expect significant delays for the majority of the day and are strongly encouraged to avoid the area.”
According to a list provided by police, the closures include:
Closures from 8:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at exit 8B on 395.
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at the split to Northbound I-395.
- Washington Boulevard southbound from Memorial Bridge.
- Route 395 Southbound to Pentagon South Parking will be closed. All traffic will be diverted onto southbound Route 1 through Crystal City (Officers will be posted along this route to assist in directing motorists back to I-395 via Glebe Road and South 23rd Street).
- Columbia Pike will be closed from Joyce Street to Pentagon South Parking (access to Pentagon via Boundary Channel).
- 395 Northbound HOV – no access to Washington Boulevard from N/B 395.
- 395 Northbound HOV – access to Eads Street from northbound HOV, only southbound HOV exit will be closed (northbound must exit to Army Navy Drive).
- Route 110 southbound will be closed at I-66. All access to Route 110 will be blocked along Route 110 at Wilson Boulevard, Marshall Drive, Memorial Drive, George Washington Parkway and Route 27.
- Route 110 northbound will be closed from Route. All access to Route 110 will be blocked south of Memorial Drive
Closures from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Fern Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Eads Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Rotary Road closed throughout South Parking
- The North /South Connector road at the Pentagon