Arlington County Police, Virginia State Police and the Pentagon Force Protection Agency will be closing numerous routes near the Pentagon at the request of the U.S. Secret Service.
“Motorists are encouraged to make alternate travel arrangements to avoid the area around the Pentagon,” Arlington police said in a statement. “As conditions change it is possible these road closures will be broadened. Those traveling through this area should expect significant delays for the majority of the day and are strongly encouraged to avoid the area.”
According to a list provided by police, the closures include:
Closures from 8:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at exit 8B on 395.
- Washington Boulevard eastbound will be closed at the split to Northbound I-395.
- Washington Boulevard southbound from Memorial Bridge.
- Route 395 Southbound to Pentagon South Parking will be closed. All traffic will be diverted onto southbound Route 1 through Crystal City (Officers will be posted along this route to assist in directing motorists back to I-395 via Glebe Road and South 23rd Street).
- Columbia Pike will be closed from Joyce Street to Pentagon South Parking (access to Pentagon via Boundary Channel).
- 395 Northbound HOV – no access to Washington Boulevard from N/B 395.
- 395 Northbound HOV – access to Eads Street from northbound HOV, only southbound HOV exit will be closed (northbound must exit to Army Navy Drive).
- Route 110 southbound will be closed at I-66. All access to Route 110 will be blocked along Route 110 at Wilson Boulevard, Marshall Drive, Memorial Drive, George Washington Parkway and Route 27.
- Route 110 northbound will be closed from Route. All access to Route 110 will be blocked south of Memorial Drive
Closures from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Fern Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Eads Street from Army Navy to the Pentagon
- Rotary Road closed throughout South Parking
- The North /South Connector road at the Pentagon
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying