Valentine’s Day is on Tuesday. To avoid ending up in the dog house, now would be a good time to secure some plans with your loved one. While Arlington offers a plethora of options for celebrating, here are just a few to consider for this weekend and the big day on Tuesday.
- Celebrate with the traditional holiday staples of wine and chocolate at Screwtop Wine Bar (1025 N. Fillmore St). The Sweetheart Tasting on Saturday includes tastes of French and Italian wines and four stations of cheese, chocolates, cupcakes and charcuterie. Participants also get a box of chocolates to take home. Runs from 3:00-5:00 p.m. and costs $49.99 per person (discount for wine club members). Call 703-888-0845 for reservations.
- Aroma Indian Restaurant (4052 Campbell Ave) is hosting a “Love Bites Valentine’s Night” on Saturday, starting at 8:30 p.m. The bash boasts of a DJ, champagne toast, contests and prizes, cash bar and unlimited food with admission. Tickets cost $75 for a couple and $40 for singles.
- Make your date laugh with a night of comedy at Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse (2903 Columbia Pike). The evening starts with stand-up comedy about relationships, then moves on to a showing of “The Princess Bride.” Tickets are $8. The 7:00 p.m. event is sold out, but there are still spots available for the 9:50 p.m. event. An optional wine tasting is also available for an additional cost.
- Learn how to whip up some romantic dishes at Sur La Table (1101 S. Joyce St) during a cooking class. The “Breakfast in Bed” class runs on Sunday and Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The class is $69.00 per person and can be booked online.
- Take in some romantic tunes while picking out last minute gifts at Market Common (2700 Clarendon Blvd). A guitarist, violinist and accordionist will play classic love songs while strolling from store to store from 2:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Several stores will offer deals or discounts on merchandise.
- Surprise your special someone with a singing telegram. From Sunday through Tuesday, a women’s quartet from the Potomac Harmony Chorus will deliver two songs, a card and a box of candy. Today is the last day to order, by calling 703-764-3896. Options and pricing can be found online.
- Join the Opera Guild of Northern Virginia for its “That’s Amore Valentine’s Day Concert” at 4301 Wilson Blvd. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for refreshments and shopping, concert starts at 7:00 p.m. Suggested donations for advance tickets and for walkups are available online.