Starting next Monday, June 4, the movies will be shown in the courtyard at 1850 S. Bell Street. They’ll run every Monday through August 27, starting at sundown.
Attendees are encouraged to make the event a date night by bringing a blanket and picnic gear. Short chairs are allowed, but courtesy for other visitors trying to see the movie is requested. Organizers are asking that moviegoers leave their pets at home.
As with Rosslyn’s free outdoor movies, these will be shown rain or shine, unless weather becomes too severe. Should there be a cancellation, information will be posted online, but organizers hope for a continuation of the good weather they’ve generally enjoyed during the event’s six year history.
“We’ve had great weather karma,” said Crystal City Business Improvement District President Angela Fox. “Even one year when we started getting a deluge, we were able to cover the equipment and show the movie after.”
The schedule is as follows:
- Sex and the City — June 4
- The Wedding Singer — June 11
- Sweet Home Alabama — June 18
- Hitch — June 25
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding — July 2
- Sleepless in Seattle — July 9
- Bridget Jones’s Diary — July 16
- The Proposal — July 23
- You’ve Got Mail — July 30
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days — August 6
- Pretty Woman — August 13
- Love Actually — August 20
- When Harry Met Sally — August 27
Disclosure: Crystal City BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser.