The market, which is now managed by FRESHFARM Markets and sponsored by the new Ballston Business Improvement District, will be held Thursdays from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. in Welburn Square, through October 25. The square is located between N. Stuart and Taylor Streets, across from the Ballston Metro station.
Today’s grand opening will feature live music from local rockabilly group Jumpin’ Jupiter.
Per the Ballston BID, the merchants planning to offer their products at the market include:
- Evergrain Bread Company (Chestertown, MD)
- Garden Path Farm (Newburg, PA)
- Wild Rose Soap Company (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Pleitez Produce (Montross, VA)
- Capitol Kettle Corn (Ft. Meade, MD)
- Westmoreland Berry Farm (Oak Grove, VA)
- The Farms at Ellis Bay (Nanticoke, MD)
- Keswick Creamery at Carrock Farm (Newburg, PA)
- Gunpowder Bison & Trading Co. (Monkton, MD)
- Fresh Crunch Pickles (Arlington, VA)
- Radix Farm (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- Shells Yes! Crab Cake Company (Chester, MD)
- Mickley’s Orchard (Biglerville, PA)
File photo. Disclosure: Ballston BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser.
Looking for something to do this Halloween weekend? Today’s Listing of the Day is a 2 BD/2 BA condo open October 30 and 31.
Things that go bump in the night have resumed their haunting of Arlington, including the famed N. Jackson Street in Ashton Heights, ready to scare trick-or-treaters. And some decor ARLnow…
Ed Talk is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. October is Dyslexia Awareness Month. Dyslexia impacts 1 in 5 people, or 20% of the population….
(Updated, 2:50 p.m.) A new, free literacy program has come to Drew Elementary School thanks to the local non-profit Sliding Doors, Virginia Tech, and the local NAACP branch. The Dyslexic…