35°Clear

Open Houses in Arlington This Weekend

by ARLnow.com August 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm 2,188 16 Comments

Home shoppers will have plenty to choose from in Arlington this weekend, with some 30 open houses scheduled around the county.

See our real estate section for a full listing of open houses. Here are some highlights:

3118 17th Street North
Single Family Detached — 4 Bed / 6 Bath
Listed: $1,629,000
Agent: Ruth Boyer
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.

4304 37th Road North
Single Family Detached — 5 Bed / 5 Bath
Listed: $1,545,000
Agent: Diane Lewis
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

2215 Greenbrier Street North
Single Family Detached — 5 Bed / 5 Bath
Listed: $1,329,000
Agent: Florann Audia
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

2413 Vernon Street North
Single Family Detached — 3 Bed / 2 Bath
Listed: $729,900
Agent: David Lloyd
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

1949 George Mason Drive South
Townhouse — 4 Bed / 4 Bath
Listed: $549,500
Agent: Richard Urban
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

2113 Quebec Street South
Single Family Detached — 3 Bed / 2 Bath
Listed: $415,000
Agent: Julie Hall
Open: Sunday, Aug. 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

• Mary-Austin

That house on Quebec probably needs a lot of work but a single family for a little over 400 is a pretty good deal.

• SoArl

I was literally just looking at that one – really good deal.

• Chimichanga

how do you get to work in the city? no metro, no streetcar.. gotta drive? might as well move somewhere else…

• well not really

friends on that street work in dc. they take the express bus to the Pentagon from Walter Reed at the end of the block.

• Tabby_TwoTone

ART 77 from Shirlington to Court House/Clarendon goes right by there. Or take the 77 to Columbia Pike for the 16Y to McPherson.

• Mary-Austin

Just take the 14th street bridge. Wayyy faster than walking to/waiting for/getting stuck on metro.

• Greg

I would hazard a guess it’s going for above asking.

• Mr. Clean

6 baths? Really?

• Dr_Klahn

I’m disappointed in you Mr. Clean – if you’re not up to it I’m calling in the Scrubby Bubbles.

• yes again

Hey, I’d have loose stools too if I had a balloon note coming due for this house.

• yes again

These prices are totally insane….

• yes again

I am amazed:

3118 17th Street North:
      Price: $1,629,000
      $/SQ. FT.: $671
      Finances & Fees
      Tax Year: 2011
      Total Taxes: $9,136.76

Property History for 3118 17TH St NORTH
      Jun 07, 2012 Listed (Active) $1,629,000
      Oct 31, 2011 Sold (Public Records) $919,000 —

• Al Gore

Can you say, bubble?

• R. Griffon

Amazed at what? $1.6M seems to be about the going rate for a nice SFH in Lyon Villiage.

If you’re amazed that it’s listed for $700K more than it sold for nearly 2 years ago, you should realize that in that time it’s been TOTALLY stripped down to the bare bones and completely renovated. The old house was a really sad neglected mess that sold as an estate sale. My guess is someone elderly lived there for many years who could not care for the property and then passed. It looked like it should be condemed, but I guess the structure was sound so someone decided to buy it and spend the money fixing it up.

You’d think people would be thanking them for restoring an old period home back to it’s full potential when they could’ve just as easily bulldozed the lot and built another “me-too” McMansion.

I’m surprised it’s been on the market this long.

• Greg

It’s a bit much for the square footage and it’s on the smallish side of lots. Plus, 700k is a lot of money even if they gutted and used high end fixtures. Personally, I like it but I wouldn’t pay within 100k of asking.

• The D

You could have a massive mansion in the Grosse Pointes for $1.7 mil…

×