The season of sweets sold by scouts in sashes in upon us.
From now until March 23, Girl Scouts will be set up all over the county selling boxes of cookies. Tomorrow (Thursday), the Girl Scouts will be conducting a special cookie blitz in Rosslyn.
From noon to 3:00 p.m., they will be stationed in the lobbies of office buildings at 1555 Wilson Blvd and 1611 N. Kent Street. From 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., they will be at Piola Restaurant (1550 Wilson Blvd), Rosslyn Overlook (1616 N. Fort Myer Drive), and the Waterview office building (1919 N. Lynn Street). From 3:30 to 6:00 p.m., they’ll be in the Rosslyn Business Improvement District office at 1911 N. Fort Myer Drive.
The Girl Scouts have a cookie locator for specific dates and times of public cookie sales. Some of the locations at which to find cookie sales around Arlington are listed below.
- Rosslyn Metro Station (1850 N. Moore Street)
- Courthouse Metro Station (2100 Wilson Blvd)
- Ballston Metro Station (901 N. Stuart Street)
- Pentagon City Metro Station (1200 S. Hayes Street)
- Crystal City Metro Station (1750 S. Clark Street)
- East Falls Church Metro Station (2001 N. Sycamore Street)
- H&R Block (4238 Wilson Blvd)
- Kettler Capitals Iceplex (627 N. Glebe Road)
- Safeway (5101 Wilson Blvd)
- Westover Market (5863 Washington Blvd)
- Giant Food (3115 Lee Highway)
- Giant Food (3450 Washington Blvd)
- Arlington Central Library (1015 N. Quincy Street)
- H&R Block (2111 Wilson Blvd)
- H&R Block (3100 Clarendon Blvd)
- Market Common Clarendon (2700 Clarendon Blvd)
- Whitlow’s on Wilson (2854 Wilson Blvd)
- Safeway (1525 Wilson Blvd)
- Pentagon Centre (1201 S. Hayes Street)
- H&R Block (1235 S. Clark Street)
- Giant Food (2501 9th Road S.)
- H&R Block (2067 Columbia Pike)
- Greenbrier Baptist Church (5401 7th Road S.)
- Mt. Olive Baptist Church (1601 13th Road S.)
- Mt. Zion Baptist Church (3500 19th Street S.)
- Giant Food (2901 S. Glebe Road)
- Marymount University Lee Center (2807 N. Glebe Road)
- Safeway (2500 N. Harrison Street)
- Safeway (3717 Lee Highway)
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5266 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A water rescue operation is underway along Four Mile Run after reports of a drunk man falling down an embankment. The incident happened shortly before 4 p.m. behind the Virginia…
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
In honor of the one-month anniversary of this article, we give you a new Mike Mount cartoon. In case you don’t get the reference, it also riffs on some of…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,