Support

Electrical Fire at Washington-Lee HS

Water damage from a small fire at Washington-Lee HS (photo courtesy @RobertoClaure)Washington-Lee High School was evacuated this morning due to a small electrical fire.

The fire broke out near the attendance office, according to Arlington Public Schools spokeswoman Linda Erdos. It was quickly extinguished, but not before the school’s sprinklers caused some flooding in the hallway.

Students and school personnel were evacuated for about 15-20 chilly minutes. They reentered the school when the fire department gave the all-clear.

“Everyone is okay and the students and staff did a great job responding to the alarm in the way that we have practiced,” Washington-Lee principal Gregg Robertson said in an email to parents. “The APS facilities team are here to help with the clean up. We are thankful for the support of our county agencies.”

Photo courtesy @RobertoClaure

Recent Stories

Happy Friday, Arlington. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Today might have been a light publishing day for us, but rest assured: we’re not hearing of much news happening locally,…

The National Weather Service has issued a Special Weather Statement about the strong winds that are currently gusting in Arlington and across the region. Forecasters are cautioning that the gusts…

Open houses in Arlington this weekend

A 3 BD/1 BA home on one level, and new roof, stove and refrigerator is included in the latest Open Houses.

As people begin to travel for the holidays, this week’s Statutes of Liberty discusses new COVID-19 requirements for travel.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list