Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
The real estate market in Arlington definitely slowed last week, which is typical for the week of Memorial Day weekend. This holiday marks the start of summer, and the start of a slightly slower real estate market as well.
It seems buyers and sellers last week preferred being out and enjoying the nice weather at picnics and on the water. Only 48 new listings came on the market last week, and only 50 properties were ratified during that time with an unusual ratio of lower priced homes going under contract. It is also typical for the market to pick up a little bit after the Memorial Day weekend is over and people come back from the beaches and travel.
The “days on market” has held steady at 28 for Arlington, an enviable number almost anywhere else in the U.S. There are currently 558 active properties for sale in Arlington, the highest selection so far this year. Meanwhile, mortgage interest rates slipped a fraction this last week, getting even better. Some lenders are offering conforming and jumbo conforming 30 year fixed under 4 percent. With values going up and rates going down, it’s still a great time to buy.
- 2904 13TH ST S #101, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $325,000
- 1201 S. BARTON ST #138, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $388,500
- 1300 ARMY NAVY DR #212, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $409,000
- 1600 OAK ST #1429, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $489,000
- 1300 CRYSTAL DR #910S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $545,000
- 657 FLORIDA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $659,000
- 231 BARTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $849,000
- 718 HIGHLAND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $949,900