Please also join us for the kick-off party on Thursday, October 22!
The Tenth Anniversary Appreciation Event will celebrate 10 years of the fun-run way to love our neighbors! The event is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Trot founder, Christ Church of Arlington (3020 N. Pershing Drive, on the corner of Highland).
- Everyone is invited to this free event!
- Come learn what’s new about this year’s Turkey Trot and how we’ll raise more funds than ever for our non-profit beneficiaries!
- Mark Schwartz, Acting County Manager, is the featured speaker, and we’ll have a panel discussion with some of our beneficiaries and supporters, including 2015 sponsors to date and the Arlington Small Business Alliance. (This year’s beneficiaries are AFAC, A-SPAN, Bridges to Independence, Doorways and Linden Resources.)
- Refreshments provided by Trot sponsor Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza.
- Twenty-five (25) complimentary registrations will be given as door prizes and each attendee will receive a Tenth Anniversary Commemorative pin.
- Questions? Please contact Trot director, Mark Riley at [email protected] or 703-927-0328.
- Lots of info available on our website: arlingtonvaturkeytrot.org
The preceding post was sponsored by the Arlington Turkey Trot.
I-66 Change Takes Effect Today — “Starting Monday, Dec. 5, vehicles on I-66 in Northern Virginia will need three or more occupants to qualify as a High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV)….
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 14680 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Police issued a traffic ticket every six minutes, on average, during an enforcement effort in front of Nottingham Elementary on Thursday afternoon.
Police swarmed the Rosslyn neighborhood after an alleged thief led an officer on a brief foot pursuit.
Hello Everyone -You are invited to the final meeting of NAACP Arlington Branch NAACP for 2022When: Dec 12, 2022, 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Topic: 2022 General Membership Meeting – NAACP Arlington BranchRegister in advance for this webinar:https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xGl7wD59R8Cu94elw4bAqQAfter registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.7:00 pm Meeting Opens7:30 pm Installation 8:00 pm Presentation/Q&A; by Dave Schutz on Ranked Choice Voting 8:30 pm Final Remarks and Comments by Newly Elected Members9:00 pm Meeting Adjourns Installation Official Robert N. Barnette, Jr. President, Virginia State Conference NAACP The President of the Virginia State Conference NAACP will serve as the Installation Official and provide remarks for our newly elected officers at the general membership. NAACP Arlington Branch Election Results President- Elect: Michael Hemminger 1st Vice President-Elect: James Younger 2nd Vice President-Elect: Bryan Coleman 3rd Vice President-Elect: Lorelle Langhorne Secretary-Elect: Wanda Younger Assistant Secretary-Elect: Kathleen McSweeney Treasurer-Elect: Adriana Spain Assistant Treasurer-Elect: Kenya Pennington Executive Committee-Elect: Nadia Conyers, Kellen MacBeth, Karen Nightengale Their terms officially begin January 1, 2023. 3rd Monday of the month meeting date changed due to the festival observance of Hanukkah
Join us December 10 & 11 for our Annual Handmade Holiday Workshop Series. We have a myriad of fun and festive programs from linoleum block wrapping paper printing and buttonhole book making workshops led by Eliza Clifford to a meditative grid workshop and Calligraphy Card Making with Anjelika Deogirikar. Join these wonderful artists and get creative this holiday season!
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah