Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
After weeks of a steady pace, the Arlington real estate market this week has taken a nap.
Sales and new listings have slowed considerably which is somewhat unusual. Normally the Fall market stays strong and steady right up to Thanksgiving Day.
Only 45 fresh new listings came on the market this week, while even fewer contracts were ratified at just 41. Mortgage interest rates gyrated all week and ended about 10 basis point higher, a significant 1-week jump, to about 3.98% for a 30-yr fixed rate.
The mortgage markets are responding to the anticipation that the Federal Reserve may finally raise rates at its Dec. 16-17 meeting. The Fed has signaled that possibility depending on upcoming reports on GDP growth, jobs, retail sales, housing sales, and consumer confidence.
Some good news is that Congress seems it will avoid another government shutdown over increasing the debt ceiling which hurt our regional economy last time.
- 2121 MONROE ST #1, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $459,000
- 3835 9TH ST N #410E, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $515,000
- 5711 8TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205- $599,000
- 4504 20TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $650,000
- 3730 DITTMAR RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $749,000
- 1106 HARRISON ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205- $799,000
- 5119 26TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $895,000
- 4625 DITTMAR RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $1,199,900