Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
The buyers definitely outpaced the sellers this week in Arlington’s real estate market.
With only a week before Christmas, sellers were reluctant to put their homes up for sale. Only 26 brave sellers listed their homes this week. But buyers were busy ratifying 38 contracts. Amazing. They must have opened the memo about mortgage interest rates poised to climb and decided to lock in now. Smart, if you can find the right home.
The Federal Reserve announced Wednesday that it will finally start raising short term inter-bank interest rates, the first such rate hike in nearly a decade. Those rates do not directly impact mortgage interest rates, but it does signal the Fed believes the economy is growing and strong enough to normalize short term rates.
Meanwhile, home values in Arlington are showing signs of strength as well with healthy appreciation over 2014 values. Some neighborhoods near the Clarendon Metro have experienced 10.5% appreciation this year for single family homes, while condos in the Orange Line Corridor saw 5.2% appreciation.
Listing of the week: Check out 604 29th Road S. and its stunning great room.
- 1303 ODE ST #221, ARLINGTON, VA 22209- $204,900
- 4801 31ST ST S #B2, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $410,000
- 3830 9TH ST N #904E, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $447,900
- 820 POLLARD ST #414, ARLINGTON VA 22203-$579,000
- 1600 OAK ST #332, ARLINGTON, VA 22209- $589,000
- 1021 GARFIELD ST #338, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $589,900
- 2320 N EDGEWOOD ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $810,000
- 604 29TH RD S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202- $824,500