Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Incredibly, 30 bold buyers this week braved the ice and snow to ratify contracts on homes in Arlington, including a $2.1 million home in Country Club Hills that had been on the market 224 days. All those buyers deserve a trophy. And not surprisingly, only 20 intrepid sellers put their homes on the market this week despite the snow blocked streets and shutdown neighborhoods. Of those homes that sold this week, the average days on market dropped to 64 and the average list price was $627,000.
On the national level, this week saw a 22% increase in the number of purchase mortgage applications over the same week last year. And the average home price increased 5.3% over last year with the cities of Denver, San Francisco and Portland seeing double digit increases in value. Mortgage rates this week dipped slightly again for the 4th week in a row, with the 30-yr fixed rate at about 3.82% for our area. So if you’re renting and don’t already own real estate in Arlington, NOW might be a good time to buy.
- 1600 OAK ST N #1203, ARLINGTON, VA 22209- $400,000
- 4141 HENDERSON RD #823, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $519,000
- 5525 4TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $580,000
- 1800 WILSON BLVD #137, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $633,500
- 26 PARK DR S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $650,000
- 701 25TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202- $650,000
- 2410 DINWIDDIE ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $675,000
- 1948 UPTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $725,000