Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
A little snow and ice storm this week didn’t discourage buyers from getting out there and purchasing homes. This week, buyers ratified 43 contracts on properties ranging in price from $190,000 to $2.3 million. And sellers kept pace as well, putting 43 new listings on the market this week. This balance doesn’t help beef up Arlington’s overall low inventory. Fresh inventory is being bought up as fast as it comes on market.
Buyers are smart to take advantage of low mortgage rates. This week for the first time in five consecutive weeks, mortgage rates increased slightly to an average 3.85% for a 30-yr fixed rate. Mortgage applications shot up this week by 8.2% as 60% of those applicants are trying to refinance while rates are low. There was a 30% increase this week for purchase loans compared to the same week last year.
So what’s a buyer to do? If you know that you want to buy something this year, don’t wait. Get started by talking to a mortgage loan officer and getting pre-approved. Then you will know your purchase power and price range. Next, find a professional real estate agent to show you properties that meet your criteria. They will help you negotiate a ratified contract and manage the whole process until the end when you get the keys to your new home. You are welcome to call our Team at any time for more guidance on the home buying process. Don’t hesitate and let the market pass you by. Take action today!
- 1210 N TAFT ST #507, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $395,000
- 1276 WAYNE ST #1106, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $430,000
- 3453 S STAFFORD ST #B, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $475,000
- 1001 N VERMONT ST #410, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $515,000
- 712 N OAKLAND ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $575,000
- 1020 N HIGHLAND ST #222, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $615,000
- 2601 23RD RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $750,000
- 707 N IRVING ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $1,175,000