This weekend, over 2,000 cyclists will gather in Arlington for the annual Air Force Association Cycling Classic.
The Cycling Classic will hold races for all levels of cyclists ranging from amateurs to elite.
The first day will take place in Clarendon and the second will take place in Crystal City. On Sunday, before the normal slate of races and rides, the event will honor the memory of a fellow cyclist and race competitor.
A ceremony will be held Sunday morning to honor former Navy SEAL and two-time Challenge Ride gold medalist Tim Holden, who was killed last summer after being hit by a car while riding his bike in Bethesda. A special presentation will be made to Holden’s wife, Pam, as part of the ceremony.
The weekend’s schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. – Amateur Races
- 10:05 a.m. – Women’s Elite Pro Race
- 11:35 a.m. – Kid’s Race
- 12:00 p.m. – Men’s Pro Race
- 6:45 a.m. – Coin Ceremony for Tim Holden
- 7:00 a.m. – Challenge Ride
- 10:20 a.m. – Men’s Pro Race
- 12:25 p.m. – Kid’s Race
- 12:35 p.m. – Women’s Elite Race