- Get paid for installing insulation or upgrading to more energy-efficient equipment.
- Spend less on future energy bills.
- Be more comfortable in your home.
Arlington’s Rethink Energy Program is launching a Home Energy Rebate program for County residents!
Is your water heater on its last leg? Is the upstairs of your home roasting hot in the summer and freezing in the winter? Has your heating or cooling system reached its shelf life? Plug in to these rebates to save money and be more comfortable at home.
You can apply for up to $575 in rebates if you replace your water heater or heating/cooling system with an energy efficient model, or if you add insulation or air sealing to your home.
The following items are eligible for the Arlington rebate:
- Air conditioners, furnaces, boilers, and heat pumps (including geothermal heat pumps) – $575 rebate.
- Water heaters– $250 rebate.
- Air sealing and insulation– 50% of your expenses (excluding labor). You must spend at least $200 to apply for a rebate, and you can receive up to $575.
All of these items are also eligible for a federal energy tax credit. Let’s repeat that – you can get money from the Feds and from Arlington’s Rethink Energy Program that will also save you money on your utility bills.
Leave questions in the comments section below. We’ll answer questions about the rebate program and talk more about each rebate in subsequent posts.
Which rebate do you expect to (or are you most likely to) use?
This regularly-scheduled sponsored Q&A column is written by the Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy team (AIRE). This county program helps you make smart energy decisions that save you money and leaves a lighter footprint on the environment. Got a question? Email us at [email protected]!