Rosslyn’s Holiday Market Festival + Bonfire kicks off at 3 p.m. Friday with the opening of an artisan holiday market in Gateway Park (1300 Lee Highway). The market will be feature more than 25 vendors with “a full variety of unique and high quality gifts.”
That will be followed at 5:30 p.m. by the opening of a number of local food trucks and a bar serving spiced red sangria, mulled cider, beer and wine. At 7 p.m. a bonfire will be lit and a DJ will start spinning. From 8-11 p.m. 80s cover band The Reflex will perform.
On Saturday, the Great Chocolate Race, a five mile chocolate-themed race, will start at 7:30 a.m. on N. Kent Street. That will be followed by a finish festival in Gateway Park, with food trucks and the bar opening early to serve hot chocolate and bloody marys.
The holiday market will open at 8 a.m. Saturday and continue until 3 p.m., with live musical performances, gingerbread house workshops and a visit from Santa in between.
A number of road closures are planned for Saturday’s race. From ACPD:
The Great Chocolate Race will take place on Saturday, December 10, 2016. The following roadways will be closed for this event:
- Wilson Blvd. between N. Lynn St. and Route 110 will be closed from 5:00am until 12:00pm.
- Kent St. between Wilson Blvd. and N. 19th St. will be closed from 2:00am until 12:00pm.
- Route 110 between Wilson Blvd. and I-395 will be closed from 6:00am until 11:00 am.
- Route 27 from Route 110 to Columbia Pike (Westbound Only) will be closed from 6:00am until 11:00am.
- Columbia Pike from Route 27 to the Air Force Memorial Entrance (Westbound Only) will be closed from 6:00am until 11:00am. Eastbound Columbia Pike will be routed to Joyce St.
- Southgate Road will be closed at Columbia Pike from 6:00am to 11:00am.
- Joyce Street heading north from Army Navy Drive will be closed from 6:00am until 11:00am.
- Traffic from the Pentagon South Parking Lot will not be allowed west on Columbia Pike, all traffic will be routed on Route 27 toward the George Washington Parkway.
Street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.