Support

ACFD Responds to Smoke Incident at Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse in Arlington ForestFirefighters responded Thursday afternoon to a possible fire in an air conditioning and heating unit at the Outback Steakhouse in Arlington Forest.

The restaurant at 4821 1st Road N., near Route 50, was initially reported to be filling with smoke due to a problem with its HVAC system. Firefighters arriving on scene said there was no active fire and that a haze inside was beginning to dissipate.

The smoke came from an overheated motor in the rooftop HVAC system, according to scanner traffic. No word yet on whether the incident will prevent Blooming Onion fans from getting their fix at dinner tonight.

Photo via Google Maps

Recent Stories

A dog is lucky to be alive after getting caught in a fence along I-395. Animal control officers from the Animal Welfare League of Arlington rescued the petrified pup from…

Peter’s Take is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. Even prior to COVID-19, APS students’ reading proficiency had been on the decline–a problem which Superintendent…

Firefighters are working to rescue an injured driver after their car careened off the northbound GW Parkway and into a thick patch of woods, just north of Spout Run.

With the opening of a new concourse at Reagan National Airport, aircraft noise above Arlington remains at a high volume and the region is still studying ways to mitigate the…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list