The first full work week in March started out chilly, turned warm and pleasant, before ending with a burst of snow and falling temperatures.
If that sounds exciting, it’s nothing compared to what may be coming next week — we’ll be closely following the potential Nor’easter snowstorm that’s on tap for Monday night and Tuesday.
Of this week’s top five most-read articles, three were crime stories and two were about restaurants. Three had a Columbia Pike connection.
- ACPD, State Police, Feds Conduct Raid at Columbia Pike Apartment
- Man Sentenced to 17 Years in Prison for Columbia Pike Shooting
- Mysterious Pio Pio Still Closed for Maintenance
- Arlington Bar Named No. 1 Destination for St. Patrick’s Day
- Arlington Woman Charged With Felony Welfare Fraud (NBC4 updated this story late Friday with details obtained from court documents)
Feel free to discuss the impending wintry weather, the top stories of the week or any other topic of local interest, in the comments.
Explore the hidden gem that is Arlington Heights with Susan Minnick in this week’s Neighborhood Spotlight.
After sunny, near-perfect weather during the work week, a cloudier and cooler weekend awaits. The local news cycle in Arlington has remained busy, shifting from stories around this month’s County…
The cement spheres of “Dark Star Park” in Rosslyn, the electric blue ribbon of “Dressed Up and Pinned” in Courthouse and the twin striped monoliths of “Echo” in the park…
(Updated 2:15 p.m.) Hundreds of students walked out of their classrooms this morning to take a stand against sexual assault and harassment in Arlington Public Schools. Walkouts were held from…