The first full work week in March started out chilly, turned warm and pleasant, before ending with a burst of snow and falling temperatures.
If that sounds exciting, it’s nothing compared to what may be coming next week — we’ll be closely following the potential Nor’easter snowstorm that’s on tap for Monday night and Tuesday.
Of this week’s top five most-read articles, three were crime stories and two were about restaurants. Three had a Columbia Pike connection.
- ACPD, State Police, Feds Conduct Raid at Columbia Pike Apartment
- Man Sentenced to 17 Years in Prison for Columbia Pike Shooting
- Mysterious Pio Pio Still Closed for Maintenance
- Arlington Bar Named No. 1 Destination for St. Patrick’s Day
- Arlington Woman Charged With Felony Welfare Fraud (NBC4 updated this story late Friday with details obtained from court documents)
Feel free to discuss the impending wintry weather, the top stories of the week or any other topic of local interest, in the comments.
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…