Here’s a roundup of the markets and their logistics:
- The FRESHFARM Crystal City Market kicked off last week at 1965 Crystal Drive. Each Tuesday until November 21 from 3-7 p.m., more than 20 farmers and producers will offer a wide range of local foods.
- Clarendon Central Park will host the Clarendon Farmers Market each Wednesday until December from 3-7 p.m. The market returned last week and is a producers-only market, meaning vendors sell products they have grown themselves.
- The Ballston Farmers Market has begun in Welburn Square and will take place each Thursday until October from 3-7 p.m. Every first Thursday of the month, the market becomes a Mega Market, featuring a live band, celebrity chef demonstrations with free tastings and a beer and wine garden. The first Mega Market will take place May 4.
- The Fairlington Farmers Market runs each Sunday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Fairlington Community Center (3308 S. Stafford Street), starting May 7. Through November 19, the market will be selling fresh produce, grass fed meats, eggs, coffee, pastries and baked goods, flowers and other prepared foods.
- Marymount University’s farmers market returns May 27 at its campus at 2807 N. Glebe Road. Also a producers-only market, each vendor grows, bakes, roasts, cooks or prepares all of their products within 125 miles of Arlington County.
- The Westover Farmers Market also begins its spring and summer session in May. It is at the corner of Washington Blvd and N. McKinley Road each Sunday.
- The Community Foodworks farmers market takes place on Saturdays at 14th Street N. and N. Courthouse Road.
- Columbia Pike’s farmers market is each Sunday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Pike Park, near the intersection of Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed Drive.