Here’s a roundup of the markets and their logistics:
- The FRESHFARM Crystal City Market kicked off last week at 1965 Crystal Drive. Each Tuesday until November 21 from 3-7 p.m., more than 20 farmers and producers will offer a wide range of local foods.
- Clarendon Central Park will host the Clarendon Farmers Market each Wednesday until December from 3-7 p.m. The market returned last week and is a producers-only market, meaning vendors sell products they have grown themselves.
- The Ballston Farmers Market has begun in Welburn Square and will take place each Thursday until October from 3-7 p.m. Every first Thursday of the month, the market becomes a Mega Market, featuring a live band, celebrity chef demonstrations with free tastings and a beer and wine garden. The first Mega Market will take place May 4.
- The Fairlington Farmers Market runs each Sunday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Fairlington Community Center (3308 S. Stafford Street), starting May 7. Through November 19, the market will be selling fresh produce, grass fed meats, eggs, coffee, pastries and baked goods, flowers and other prepared foods.
- Marymount University’s farmers market returns May 27 at its campus at 2807 N. Glebe Road. Also a producers-only market, each vendor grows, bakes, roasts, cooks or prepares all of their products within 125 miles of Arlington County.
- The Westover Farmers Market also begins its spring and summer session in May. It is at the corner of Washington Blvd and N. McKinley Road each Sunday.
- The Community Foodworks farmers market takes place on Saturdays at 14th Street N. and N. Courthouse Road.
- Columbia Pike’s farmers market is each Sunday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Pike Park, near the intersection of Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed Drive.
Tour the secluded and quiet Bellevue Forest with its local parks, trails, forested areas and more in Neighborhood Spotlight.
In loving memory of William Dinwiddie Tucker, who passed away in 2023 at the age of 95.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 6626 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
Meeting for lunch? Starting Monday, January 30 and running until Friday, February 3, Copperwood Tavern, The Pinemoor, and Brass Rabbit Pub will be offering buy one, get one free soups, salads, sandwiches, and…
St. Charles offers a play-based curriculum in a welcoming, Christ-centered environment.
Our program focuses on socio-emotional development and kindergarten readiness through hands-on and engaging activities. Our programs offer different schedules ranging from 7:30 am-5:30 pm for students, ages 2-5. We feature a full-day Jr. kindergarten class for older 4’s/5’s. Our facility includes a full-sized gymnasium, school chapel, and library. All of our students enjoy music and physical education weekly. Children have an opportunity to participate in enrichment classes such as soccer, basketball, ballet, and science.
We offer Summer Camp with weekly themes and twice a week water play, including Fun Friday moon bounce. Please join us for our Open House Feb. 3 at 9:30 am and 11:00 am. Click here to sign-up.
For more information or to schedule a tour, visit us at www.stcharlesarlington.org or call (703) 527-0608.
If you are a lifelong learner over 50+ who wants to make new friends, power up your brain, and enjoy a wide-variety college-level courses, Encore Learning is for you. An Arlington based nonprofit, Encore Learning offers courses in the arts, theater, literature, history, technology and more. This semester we offer our most popular course, Global Hot Spots as well as 25 new courses. Courses are presented either online or in-person at George Mason University at Virginia Square and other Arlington locations.
Join the free presentation to learn about courses and meet the instructors. This is Encore Learning’s signature event to highlight the upcoming semester with brief presentations by each instructor.
The Spring Course Preview event is Thursday, February 2nd at 9:30 AM via Zoom:
The truth, your first pregnancy and new mom months are full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and lots of questions! None of us really know the best way to do it – we just figure it out, together…