What NOT to do before purchasing a new home:
- Don’t finance new big-ticket items. New financing will increase your debt-to-income ratio.
- Don’t open a new line of credit. Building good credit is a slow and steady process.
- Don’t switch jobs. Show potential lenders you are a low risk applicant by not making any major life changes.
- Don’t move your money. Lenders want to see consistent savings habits and for all deposits to be well documented.
- Don’t do it alone. While it certainly is possible to buy a home without a professional, a good real estate agent can save you time, money, and stress.
What SHOULD you do?
Attend the Home Buyer Class hosted by Orange Line Living!
You will get a comprehensive explanation of the home purchasing process – there’s more to know than you’d think. The Orange Line Living Team will be teaching all of the acronyms and definitions you will need, what happens at each stage of your transaction, real strategies on how to negotiate a lower purchase price, the different type of loans available, and much more. There will be local specialists from multiple industries in attendance, so come with questions.
Benefits of Attending
- $1,500 credit towards your new home
- 12-month home buy-back guarantee
- Food and drinks provided
- AND the first 3 to attend will receive a Roku Express!
The event is hosted by best-selling author and top nationally-ranked real estate agent Dan Lesniak, author of The HyperLocal HyperFast Real Estate Agent. Dan and his team have developed a special process that has allowed them to help over one thousand local families buy or sell their home.
- When: Monday, May 15 from 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Orange Line Living, 1600 Wilson Blvd, Suite 101, Arlington, VA 22209
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Validated Parking or Street Parking
- Food: Appetizers and Drinks
- Contact: [email protected] or call 571-969-7653
To register, head over to arlingtonhomebuyerclass.com. There are only 18 seats available per session so register today!
A Northern Virginia woman likely has monkeypox, the Virginia Dept. of Health announced today. In a press release Thursday afternoon, VDH said the woman was isolating at home and not…
The Arlington County Board today called for action to stem the tide of gun violence, while groups of students around the county held walkouts in response to the elementary school shooting in Texas.
A time-honored, pre-Memorial Day tradition took place at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. More than 1,000 soldiers with the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, as…
A new sushi restaurant has opened in Rosslyn in a long-vacant, off-the-beaten-path space.