A number of roads will be closed this weekend in Ballston to accommodate the 30th annual Taste of Arlington.
The outdoor event spans Wilson Blvd from N. Randolph Street to N. Nelson Street, and this year will include more than 50 restaurants, live music and food trucks. Tickets are still available online, or can be bought on the door.
More on the road closures, from an Arlington County Police Department press release:
The 2017 Taste of Arlington event will be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017. The following road closures will occur from approximately 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 20th, 2017 through 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed between N. Randolph Street and N. Monroe Street, all North/South cross streets will be blocked.
- N. Quincy Street will be closed with modified traffic between N. 5th Street and N. 9th Street.
- All traffic trying to cross Wilson Boulevard on Pollard, Piedmont, Oakland, Nelson and Monroe Streets will be turned around.
- N. Randolph Street will be open between the Ballston Parking Garage/Loading Dock to N. 9th Street, the area garages will not be closed.
- Other area roadway restrictions may be in place to keep traffic impacts near the event and area neighborhoods to a minimum.
In addition, street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
Image via Ballston BID