Arlington Public Schools will begin to mark the end of the 2017 school year over the next week with graduation and promotion ceremonies.
Graduation ceremonies are scheduled for the following times and places.
- Arlington Career Center PEP (Friday, June 16, 10 a.m. in the Career Center)
- Stratford (Friday, June 16, 1 p.m. in the H-B Woodlawn auditorium)
- Arlington Career Center GED (Friday, June 16, 7 p.m. in the Washington-Lee High School little theatre)
- New Directions (Monday, June 19, 11 a.m., Arlington Central Library)
- H-B Woodlawn (Tuesday, June 20, 5 p.m., H-B Woodlawn cafeteria)
- Comprehensive high schools (Wednesday, June 21, DAR Constitution Hall – Washington-Lee at 10 a.m., Yorktown at 2 p.m., Wakefield at 8 p.m.)
- Arlington Community High School (Thursday, June 22, 9:30 a.m., Washington-Lee auditorium)
- Langston Continuation Program (Thursday, June 22, 1 p.m., Washington-Lee auditorium)
The last day of school for APS is as follows.
- Tuesday, June 20: High schools
- Thursday, June 22: Middle schools (promotion ceremonies that day)
- Friday, June 23: Elementary schools (a number also have celebrations that day)
The first day of school for the next school year is Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…
Looking for a furry best friend to follow you everywhere? Meet Finley, the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week.