Arlington Public Schools will begin to mark the end of the 2017 school year over the next week with graduation and promotion ceremonies.
Graduation ceremonies are scheduled for the following times and places.
- Arlington Career Center PEP (Friday, June 16, 10 a.m. in the Career Center)
- Stratford (Friday, June 16, 1 p.m. in the H-B Woodlawn auditorium)
- Arlington Career Center GED (Friday, June 16, 7 p.m. in the Washington-Lee High School little theatre)
- New Directions (Monday, June 19, 11 a.m., Arlington Central Library)
- H-B Woodlawn (Tuesday, June 20, 5 p.m., H-B Woodlawn cafeteria)
- Comprehensive high schools (Wednesday, June 21, DAR Constitution Hall – Washington-Lee at 10 a.m., Yorktown at 2 p.m., Wakefield at 8 p.m.)
- Arlington Community High School (Thursday, June 22, 9:30 a.m., Washington-Lee auditorium)
- Langston Continuation Program (Thursday, June 22, 1 p.m., Washington-Lee auditorium)
The last day of school for APS is as follows.
- Tuesday, June 20: High schools
- Thursday, June 22: Middle schools (promotion ceremonies that day)
- Friday, June 23: Elementary schools (a number also have celebrations that day)
The first day of school for the next school year is Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Shop local this holiday season with Take Loudoun Home for the Holidays that’s connecting farmers and businesses with local customers.
The four-decade-old, Arlington-born Lebanese Taverna is launching a new membership service, providing customers with a “Chef’s Tasting” menu or a curated selection of Lebanese wines at home every month. “This…
On Nov. 16, County planning staff briefed the County Board on Phase I of the Missing Middle Housing Study.
The Arlington School Board will vote on boundary changes tomorrow (Thursday) targeting two overcapacity schools in South Arlington. This fall, Superintendent Francisco Durán launched a “limited” fall 2021 boundary process…