We are looking for someone with at least five years of relevant professional experience to help us serve clients, delight readers and grow our company.
Though LNN is seven years old, we are a startup at heart, seeking to make a positive dent in the universe by establishing a sustainable business model for online hyperlocal news. We are back in growth mode and in search of the right, mission-oriented job candidate.
Manager of Accounts and Special Projects is a new position with the following job responsibilities.
- Managing advertising accounts on ARLnow, Reston Now and PoPville and supporting sales staff. (Additional local online properties may be added to our portfolio in the coming months.)
- Writing, copy editing and scheduling sponsored articles. (Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress and Adobe Photoshop.)
- Scheduling display advertising campaigns and coordinating ad design.
- Being our primary liaison to the local business community and serving as an advocate for local businesses both internally and externally. (Requires working knowledge of social media platforms.)
- Supporting LNN’s marketing effort by representing the company at events, coordinating promotions and writing our B2B email newsletter. (Requires working knowledge of Mailchimp.)
- Planning and executing special projects like contests and events.
- Assisting the CEO and performing other tasks in support of the company’s growth and mission.
- Innovating by coming up with ideas for new initiatives, pitching them and then executing those that are green lit.
- Being technically adept and able to learn new software quickly, with minimal training.
If you have the combination of talent, experience, organization, tech know-how and people skills we’re looking for, please email a résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. No calls or recruiters, please.
Competitive salary plus health/vision/dental insurance and 401(k) offered. Also: free coffee, Diet Coke, snacks and beer.
The job and the company are based in Clarendon.
Employers: Are you trying to find exceptional candidates for your professional job openings? Consider advertising the position as ARLnow.com’s Job of the Day. Find out more here.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an Electric Vehicle or would like to know more, stop by the Arlington Drive Electric event September 25 at Kenmore Middle School.
A group of Marines in their dress blue uniforms braved floodwaters along Columbia Pike to help a stranded motorist. Video of the rescue has gone viral on TikTok, racking up…
A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days. Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently…
The past, present, and future of Columbia Pike is rather easy to see.