Police will take part in a number of activities with local residents, including block parties, cookouts, safety demonstrations, youth events, visits from emergency personnel and more.
National Night Out aims to better relationships between the police and the communities they patrol. Many police departments around the country participate.
“We are committed to building strong partnerships with those we protect and serve and effectively communicating to ensure the public’s trust.” said spokeswoman Ashley Savage.
“Events such as National Night Out are important because they provide us with another opportunity to interact with our community, hear about any public safety concerns they have and continue to use effective problem-solving methods to reduce and prevent crime and improve the quality of life of Arlington’s residents, visitors and businesses.”
Events will be hosted at the following locations:
- Arlington Forest (200 block of N. Galveston Street) at 7:30 p.m.
- Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing (First Presbyterian Church, 601 N. Vermont Street) from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Barcroft Community House (800 S. Buchanan Street) from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Cathcart Springs townhomes (4600 4th Road N.) from 6:30-7 p.m.
- Fairlington Villages (3000 block of S. Abingdon Street) from 5-7 p.m.
- Park Glen Condo Association (800 block of S. Arlington Mill Road) from 7-8 p.m.
- Nauck Town Square (24th Road S. between Shirlington Road and S. Kenmore Street) from 6-8:30 p.m.