Arlington Travel Baseball (ATB) is a 501(c)3 non-profit youth baseball organization that provides an opportunity for players ages 9-12U to acquire superior skills through higher levels of competition. ATB is seeking head and assistant coaches who have a passion for the game and want to join a “winning” team. Ideally, we are in search of former college baseball players who want to teach the game they grew up playing
Coaches will be compensated a competitive wage and required to pass a background check. Coaching experience is a plus but not required and training is available as needed. Coaches will report to the Director of Player Development, who will set team goals and assist with practice plans and specific skills development.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage the day to day field activities of the team. Teaching relevant skills, tactics and techniques.
- Arrive on time and have a practice plan for each practice.
- Lead the team at all regular season, playoff and tournament games.
- Coach in a positive manner. (Coaches will have coach of conduct form)
- Communicate with Team General Manager with administrative needs of team.
- Prepare the players for the physical and mental challenges of competitive baseball.
- Identify player strengths and weaknesses and provide progress reports at end of summer season.
- Attend annual tryouts in June and July
If you’re interested or know someone who might be please contact us at [email protected] or call 703-801-6297.
Demolition of the former Jaleo restaurant building in Crystal City began this week, as the site plan review process for a redevelopment on the block kicked off earlier this month….
Kenmore Middle School’s student release has been delayed and the school has been placed in “secure the building” mode due to a possible security threat.
Biz Talk discusses Arlington’s business community and their commitment to sustainability.
Don’t miss out on joining a summer league with DC Fray before registration closes June 14.