Three separate events will be temporarily shutting down Arlington roads this weekend.
The sixth annual Arlington Festival of the Arts will be held in Clarendon on both Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The event will shut down the following roads from 4 a.m. on Saturday through 9 p.m. on Sunday:
- Westbound Washington Boulevard from N. Garfield Street to Clarendon Boulevard
- N. Highland Street from Clarendon Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
- 11th Street N. between N. Highland and N. Garfield streets only will be open to delivery traffic
Police are advising motorists that street parking will be restricted and that “No Parking” signs will be enforced.
The Discovery/Nottingham Friendship 5K race will be held on Saturday from 7:30-10:30 a.m. According to the Arlington County Police Department, the following roads will be closed during that time:
- Williamsburg Boulevard will be closed to eastbound traffic from Little Falls Road to N. Harrison Street
- Little Falls Road will be closed from Williamsburg Boulevard to N. Harrison Street
- N. Ohio Street will be closed from 26th Street N. to Williamsburg Boulevard
Saturday’s Arlington Palooza, at Alcova Heights Park, will close 8th Street S. between George Mason Drive and S. Randolph Street from 9 a.m.-6 p.m, according to ACPD.
Temporary “No Parking” signs will be placed along George Mason Drive to allow vehicles to load and unload items for the event. Vehicles violating the signs will be towed.
Photos courtesy ACPD