Alair thrives on a unique service delivery system for the residential and commercial contracting industry.
We seek to hire only high potential candidates in the industry who are looking for a more local, flexible, independent working environment that provides a higher quality of life and puts them in charge of their income with six figure potential and opportunities for ownership.
Experience is needed, but your attitude is the most important factor.
Alair Homes provides comprehensive Project Management Training, has proprietary software and an online system to insure our PM’s have the tools to work at their best without a lot of hand holding.
Let us know why you have the potential to join and grow with our team.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure we create “raving fans”
- Follow the “Alair Process” and have a full and complete understanding of the Alair Project Management software. Comprehensive Training Provided
- Maintain constant communication with each client to get timely decisions and approvals for all selections and scope changes
- Attend and facilitate job progress/status meetings
- Work collaboratively with all team members including staff, sub trades and market partners as well as independently and self motivated
- Maintain, edit and create detailed scope of work sheets for each project
- Be responsible for collecting and managing sub trade and vendor quotes
- Manage subcontractor agreements
- Seek new sub-trades and vendors as needed — maintain a network
- Monitor project budgets and review with client consistently
- Create, monitor and maintain project schedules
- Confirm and order specialty items, fixtures and material (long lead items)
- Create invoice requests and facilitate payments
- Be familiar with current codes and stay up to date on best building practices
- Attend a post completion job evaluation for each project
- Responsible for job site safety, security and cleanliness
- Oversee the safety policy; keep the company and sub trades working within guidelines
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with technology
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to make decisions independently and in a timely manner
- Flexible skill set
- Local presence in and around Arlington
- Comfortable passing a background check
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
More many in Arlington, the Friday after Thanksgiving is an off day, often spent with family and friends (or braving the malls). For others — including those with jobs that…
Robbery at Pentagon City Mall — “1000 block of S. Hayes Street. At approximately 3:39 p.m. on November 22, police were dispatched to the report of a larceny just occurred….
An Arlington man is behind bars after police say he shot someone in the Green Valley neighborhood. The shooting happened early Sunday morning following what police described as a dispute…
Everyone has flat screen TVs already so how about a more interesting Black Friday special? The ARLnow Press Club for free, to try out the daily Early Morning Notes email…
The Alternative Christmas Market is back! At First Presbyterian Church Arlington in Ballston, located at 601 N. Vermont Street, Arlington VA 22203, on Sunday, December 4th from 9:30am to 1:00pm. Parking available.
Vendors and products this year include: 10,000 Villages, Olive Oil Ministry, African Team Ministries, Community Coalition for Haiti, Heifer, African Market Baskets, Café Justo, Thistle Farms, Southwest Indian Foundation, and Together We Bake.
Buy gifts for everyone on your list, and support these great organizations, artisans, and global neighbors. See you there!
(This Community Post was written by the [Arlington Chorale](http://arlingtonchorale.org/) and underwritten by [Embracing Arlington Arts](https://embracing-arlington-arts.org/).
Since the Arlington Chorale returned to in-person singing one year ago, local amateur singers have been signing up for auditions in unprecedented numbers. “Thirty of our current members joined within the last year,” says Ingrid Lestrud, Artistic Director. “Many of them have recently moved to Arlington, and they want to join a community. Chorale members get to sing beautiful music and meet a diverse group of people who love singing as much as they do!”
The singers are busy preparing their December 10 concert, Christmas Joy! Featuring John Rutter ‘s Magnificat and Kirke Mechem’s _Seven Joys of Christmas_ , audiences will hear familiar Christmas carols, as well as beautiful music with hints of tango, musical theatre, and jazz. The singers will be accompanied by a chamber orchestra of local professional players, and the concert will highlight the talents of soprano Helena Colindres. Members of the Chorale’s outreach group, the Youth Community Council, and select singers from the Chorale will be singing Christmas carols outside the venue as audience members arrive. After the performance, everyone is invited to join the singers downstairs for a reception with light refreshments. It’s a special community event you won’t want to miss! Tickets are $20 for adults and free for children under 12 available here. Please join the Arlington Chorale on **Saturday, December 10 at 5:00 PM at Westover Baptist Church!**
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist