At last, the long weekend is upon us, and summer is (unofficially) here.
If you’re one of the 1 million or so people leaving the D.C. area, here’s what you can expect on the way out. But if you’re sticking around Arlington, be aware that there is some rain in the forecast for Saturday night and Sunday, so get your grilling done early.
You may spot Rolling Thunder’s motorcyclists on the road this weekend, and be aware there will be plenty of road closures. If you’re looking for other things to keep you occupied for Memorial Day, be sure to check out our event calendar.
Or, you could always catch up on some of ARLnow’s top stories of the last week:
- Arlington Gets Shout Out on ‘SNL’
- Flier for a White Supremacist Group Spotted in Clarendon
- Goody’s Back Open in Clarendon, Under New Owner
- Crime Report: Mob Attacks Victim Who Was Taking Out the Trash
- Boccato Gelato Planning to Leave Clarendon Location, Relocate Elsewhere
Head down to the comments to chat about these stories, or your plans for the three-day weekend. Enjoy!