A major D.C. sports team has won a championship for the first time since 1992, but Mother Nature is gearing up to, quite literally, rain on Caps celebrations this weekend.
If you’re looking to keep celebrating the Stanley Cup’s arrival in Washington, or simply heading out to buy some Caps championship gear, you may want to pack an umbrella. The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, the annual Capital Pride Parade and all the weekend’s associated Pride events may get a bit soggy as well, though Saturday morning events are expected to remain dry, for the most part.
Luckily, our event calendar has plenty of suggestions for other, indoor events this weekend. And you can always stay in with some of ARLnow’s top stories from the past week:
- Duckling Rescue Effort at Fairlington Pool Sparks Neighborhood Dispute
- Linda’s Cafe on Lee Highway Set to Close, Could Soon Be Replaced by Bob and Edith’s
- New Caps Banner Above Columbia Pike Prompts Community Consternation
- Heavy Rain Prompts Severe Flooding in Waverly Hills, Residents Plead for County Help
- County Police Investigating Series of Thefts at Arlington Elementary Schools
Head down to the comments to talk about these stories, your Caps victory parade plans, or anything else local. Have a nice weekend!
Photo via @RosslynVA
The Arlington branch of the NAACP has come out in support of the county’s Missing Middle Housing Study draft framework.
Primary and urgent veterinary care clinic Bond Vet and dog daycare and boarding facility District Dogs are set to open locations in Clarendon in June. Both businesses are coming to…
A particularly sharp bend in the GW Parkway near Key Bridge has claimed another vehicular victim An SUV overturned in the southbound lanes around 1:15 p.m., blocking all lanes and…
There has been a modest, but noticeable drop in the intensity of demand and buyer activity over the last 3-4 weeks.