The return of the Armed Forces Cycling Classic to Arlington will prompt a few road closures this weekend, with Clarendon impacted Saturday (June 9) and Crystal City facing closures Sunday (June 10).
Cyclists of all skill levels will compete in the 21st annual “Clarendon Cup” Saturday. The event features professional cyclists competing in what is billed as “one of the most difficult criterium races in the USA, due to technical demands of the course and the quality of the participant.”
Arlington County Police are planning to close the following roads around Clarendon from 4:30 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. that day:
- Wilson Blvd., from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Blvd.
- Clarendon Blvd., from Washington Blvd. to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Blvd., from Wilson Blvd. to N. Highland Street
- North Highland Street, from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
- North Garfield Street / N. Fillmore Street, from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
On Sunday, riders will square off in the “Crystal Cup,” and police plan to close more roads from 4:30 a.m. to about 5 p.m.:
- Crystal Drive, from S. 15th Street through S. 23rd Street
- Wilson Blvd., from N. Kent Street to the Route 110 ramp
- Route 110, from Rosslyn to Crystal City
- S. Clark Street, from S. 20th Street to S. 23rd Street
- S. 20th Street, from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
- S. 18th Street, from Crystal Drive to S. Bell Street
- S. 23rd Street from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
- Crystal Drive (West side), from S. 23rd St to the Central Center Parking Garage
- S. 12th Street and Long Bridge Drive
Police also plan to post “no parking” signs in the vicinity of both races. Anyone with their vehicle towed should call the county’s Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
Photo via the Armed Forces Cycling Classic
High school football season is in play, but this year, fewer students in Arlington Public Schools will be in the stands cheering on their friends. That is because Arlington County…
With a full service shop, Car Care To Go does everything from oil changes to brake replacements with free valet.
In a bid to generate more visitors, Arlington Arts Center has renamed itself the Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington. The non-profit arts organization at 3550 Wilson Blvd in the Virginia…
Wireless services provider Federated Wireless is moving its headquarters from Ballston to Crystal City and is bringing private 5G to the area with help from developer JBG Smith.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying