The D.C. region seems set to miss the worst of Hurricane Florence’s rain and wind this weekend, so don’t go clearing out the grocery store shelves just yet.
In fact, the forecast is calling for only isolated showers between tonight and Sunday. While Arlington might see some stronger storms early next week, the storm’s southerly track should keep us relatively dry this weekend.
And if you’re behind on what’s going on around Arlington, here’s a look at our most popular stories of the last week:
- Mysterious Artwork Blooms Between Pentagon City, Crystal City
- Letter to the Editor: Don’t Overlook the Dangers of Electric Scooters
- Three Arrested in D.C. After Driving the Wrong Way Down I-395 While Fleeing Police
- Arlington County Urges Residents to Be Prepared for Hurricane Florence
- Man Shot by Arlington Police Claims Officers Opened Fire as He Tried to Surrender
Head down to the comments to discuss these stories, your hurricane-adjusted weekend plans or anything else local. Have a great weekend, and stay dry!
Flickr pool photo via wolfkann
Happy Friday, Arlington. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Today might have been a light publishing day for us, but rest assured: we’re not hearing of much news happening locally,…
The National Weather Service has issued a Special Weather Statement about the strong winds that are currently gusting in Arlington and across the region. Forecasters are cautioning that the gusts…
A 3 BD/1 BA home on one level, and new roof, stove and refrigerator is included in the latest Open Houses.
As people begin to travel for the holidays, this week’s Statutes of Liberty discusses new COVID-19 requirements for travel.