Before beginning to search for a home, you need to know what to expect financially. Consult with a reputable lender to discuss:
- What price range you should search within
- How much money you’ll need to put down
- How to shore up your personal finances for the best loan possible
Once you have your affordable price range, make a list of qualities you’d like your home to have.
- Where would you like it to be located?
- What type of home do you prefer — condo, townhouse, etc.?
- What features would you like to see — hardwood floors, gourmet kitchen, etc.?
The next step is to begin researching homes that have sold in your desired location at your affordable price range and compare that to your expectations.
To learn more about home buying and meet top real estate agents, attend The Keri Shull and Orange Line Living Team’s free First-Time Home Buying Seminar.
In this class, you’ll learn:
- The 8 stages of purchasing a home, and what to expect at each stage
- How to qualify for the house you want
- How to get out of your lease — you’re not stuck there!
- The “4 C’s” affecting home price
- How to negotiate a lower price for the home you want
- How to avoid double-paying rent and a mortgage
Every attendee of our First-Time Homebuyers Class gets $1500 toward their new home.
When: Thursday, November 29, 5:30-7 p.m.
Where: 1600 Wilson Blvd #101
Parking: Free parking, walkable to and from metro
We do have limited space, so register now at: https://kst.house/2FzNSnD