Rain is rolling into our neck of the woods tonight, and doesn’t seem set to leave any time soon.
The forecast is calling for a soggy weekend with no relief in sight until Sunday night — but at least temperatures will inch up just a hair.
Anyone looking to persevere and celebrate the holiday season, despite the rain, can take advantage of the Washington Regional Alcohol Program teaming up with Lyft to offer free rides again.
Starting today (Friday), rides up to $15 are free with the use of a promo code from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. The offer will continue until Jan. 1. Weekly codes will be posted at the Sober Rides website at noon on today, then Dec. 22 and Dec. 31. The weekly code is only valid for one ride.
Our event calendar can help with brainstorming for ways to take advantage of that offer. Or you can stay inside and catch up on our most popular articles of the past week:
- School Board Signs Off On New South Arlington School Boundaries, Ending Messy Debate Over Maps
- Crystal City Building Evacuated Amid Widespread Bomb Threats
- Police Drag Man Out of Home After Alleged Drunken Conduct Around Child
- Chick-fil-A in Ballston Quarter Starts Serving Up Sandwiches Today
- Dump Truck Injures Woman Pushing Stroller in Rosslyn
Head down to the comments to discuss your weekend plans, or anything else local. Have a great weekend, and stay dry!