When you’re making an offer on a home in a highly competitive real estate market, this 1 trick can give you an edge.
A buyer’s letter, also known as a “love letter,” is a simple personal note that helps your offer stand out in the seller’s mind. It helps the home seller put a human face to the offer, and can even help you win out over larger offers — if it creates a strong emotional connection with the home seller.
Things to include in your buyer’s letter:
- Your name(s)
- Your current career and background in a few words
- If you’re buying the home as partners, include the story of how you met
- Any common ground you discovered with the seller while walking through the home
- Reasons why you’re interested in the property (“perfect place to raise a family,” etc.)
- How you plan on using the home
It’s also a good idea to praise the seller by complimenting the home’s features and how well the property has been maintained.
To learn what else should go in your buyer’s letter, and get many more must-know home buying tips, attend the upcoming Home Buying Seminar on Monday, May 20 in Arlington.
Topics Covered include:
- Financing programs
- How to avoid double-paying rent and a mortgage
- How to calculate your budget the right way
- How to craft a winning offer in a highly competitive market
- Finding off-market properties
- Leveraging your equity
- The 4 C’s of Real Estate
Benefits of Attending
- $1,500 credit toward your new home or toward early lease termination
- 12-month home buy-back guarantee — purchase with confidence!
- Wine and cheese provided
- The first 3 to attend will receive a gift card to Barley Mac restaurant!
This event is hosted by The Keri Shull Team, the D.C. metro’s top producing real estate team. Details are as follows:
- When: Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Where: 1600 Wilson Blvd, Suite 101, Arlington, VA 22209
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Validated parking or free street parking
- Contact: [email protected]
- To register, click here
Can’t make this Monday? Join us on Wednesday at the Westlee Condominiums for the same great info.
Today’s Listing of the Day features a 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,000 square feet of living space and a hands-free kitchen faucet.
The Pike, a large-scale work of public art, is finally being installed this week at the southwest corner of Columbia Pike and S. Jefferson Street, near the county line bordering…
A man armed with a hammer smashed and stole from a jewelry store in the Pentagon City mall Thursday morning. Arlington County police say they were dispatched to the 1100…
The Arlington Firefly Festival is returning to Fort C.F. Smith Park next month. On Sunday, June 19, the festival celebrating insects that light up summer nights is back for the…