When you’re making an offer on a home in a highly competitive real estate market, this 1 trick can give you an edge.
A buyer’s letter, also known as a “love letter,” is a simple personal note that helps your offer stand out in the seller’s mind. It helps the home seller put a human face to the offer, and can even help you win out over larger offers — if it creates a strong emotional connection with the home seller.
Things to include in your buyer’s letter:
- Your name(s)
- Your current career and background in a few words
- If you’re buying the home as partners, include the story of how you met
- Any common ground you discovered with the seller while walking through the home
- Reasons why you’re interested in the property (“perfect place to raise a family,” etc.)
- How you plan on using the home
It’s also a good idea to praise the seller by complimenting the home’s features and how well the property has been maintained.
To learn what else should go in your buyer’s letter, and get many more must-know home buying tips, attend the upcoming Home Buying Seminar on Monday, May 20 in Arlington.
Topics Covered include:
- Financing programs
- How to avoid double-paying rent and a mortgage
- How to calculate your budget the right way
- How to craft a winning offer in a highly competitive market
- Finding off-market properties
- Leveraging your equity
- The 4 C’s of Real Estate
Benefits of Attending
- $1,500 credit toward your new home or toward early lease termination
- 12-month home buy-back guarantee — purchase with confidence!
- Wine and cheese provided
- The first 3 to attend will receive a gift card to Barley Mac restaurant!
This event is hosted by The Keri Shull Team, the D.C. metro’s top producing real estate team. Details are as follows:
- When: Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Where: 1600 Wilson Blvd, Suite 101, Arlington, VA 22209
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Validated parking or free street parking
- Contact: [email protected]
- To register, click here
Can’t make this Monday? Join us on Wednesday at the Westlee Condominiums for the same great info.
Sunrise Senior Living is looking to rebuild, expand and modernize a decades-old facility in Arlington that serves people with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s. The McLean-based senior living company, which…
Bearded Goat Barber is opening its third location next week in Shirlington. The 1,0888 square-foot full service barber shop turns on its shears Monday, November 1 in the former Hair…
Reduced Metro Service Continues — “Metro continues working to finalize plans in cooperation with safety officials to return the 7000-series railcars to passenger service and fully restore its rail system….
Explore the hidden gem that is Arlington Heights with Susan Minnick in this week’s Neighborhood Spotlight.