This has been a tough week for everyone affected by Monday’s unusual rain storm.
The storm also stranded commuters and damaged millions of dollars worth of county property. Thankfully, last night’s rain storm was more bark than bite despite flash flood watches earlier yesterday morning.
Arlington County declared an emergency earlier this week in an effort to secure state and perhaps federal aid. To help that effort, homeowners and businesses owners are asked to submit a damage report by today, Friday July 12.
If you’ve been hit hard by the floods, here are a few other resources to help you:
- Assess the damage to your home
- Follow guidelines for removing trash and debris for bulk pick-up
- Learn about floodplains and flood insurance coverage
- Get answers to FAQs about safe clean-up, mosquito control, and generators
- Research prevention tips to protect yourself before the next storm
Let us know how you were affected by the floods, or discuss any other topic of local interest, in the comments below.