It’s August and lots of people are going on vacation (including the person writing this post, from Gate 28 at DCA), but for those staying here it looks to be a beautiful weekend.
For a week in typically slow August, the past few days were especially busy news- and readership-wise.
Here are the most-read articles on ARLnow this week.
- Arlington Man Survived on Coca-Cola for Five Days After Falling at Home
- UPDATED: Widespread Power Outage in Arlington
- Hunan Number One Closing in Clarendon
- JUST IN: Street Closed in Ballston After Man Falls from Building
- BREAKING: ART Bus Rolls Into Building on Columbia Pike
- ‘World Market’ Closing at Pentagon Row With Big Sale
- Construction Underway on New Ballston Target
- APS Named Top School System in Virginia
- BREAKING: ART Bus Careens into Community Garden After Crash
Flickr pool photo by Samer Farha
The police department is not the only county department with staffing reportedly in steep decline. The number of emergency behavioral health clinicians in the Department of Human Services is also…
For those who were up early enough to see it, Mother Nature gave autumn a grand entrance with this morning. The purple-and-pink sunrise, coming on the heels of Monday night’s…
As ARLnow reported, APS unveiled plummeting 2020-2021 SOL test scores just days before the academic year began. Virginia’s Superintendent of Public Instruction concluded that Virginia’s SOLs “tell us… students need to be in the classroom without disruption to learn effectively.”
A rainy night and morning are on tap for Arlington, leading the National Weather Service to issue a Flash Flood Watch. D.C., Alexandria and points north and west are also…