It’s August and lots of people are going on vacation (including the person writing this post, from Gate 28 at DCA), but for those staying here it looks to be a beautiful weekend.
For a week in typically slow August, the past few days were especially busy news- and readership-wise.
Here are the most-read articles on ARLnow this week.
- Arlington Man Survived on Coca-Cola for Five Days After Falling at Home
- UPDATED: Widespread Power Outage in Arlington
- Hunan Number One Closing in Clarendon
- JUST IN: Street Closed in Ballston After Man Falls from Building
- BREAKING: ART Bus Rolls Into Building on Columbia Pike
- ‘World Market’ Closing at Pentagon Row With Big Sale
- Construction Underway on New Ballston Target
- APS Named Top School System in Virginia
- BREAKING: ART Bus Careens into Community Garden After Crash
Flickr pool photo by Samer Farha
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…