An under-construction home caught fire this morning, prompting an emergency response that closed part of N. Glebe Road during the morning rush hour.
Video from the scene shows smoke coming from the top of the home, at the intersection of Glebe and 33rd Street N., just north of Washington Golf and Country Club.
The fire, which was first reported just before 7 a.m., has since been extinguished. No visible signs of fire damage can be seen on the front of the home.
#Update: 4700 blk 33rd St N – Units called for smoke coming from a home at 6:55am. Fire extinguished. Building not occupied at time of fire. No injuries. Units starting to return to service. Fire Marshal on scene investigating. pic.twitter.com/oskkRkw84b
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) August 9, 2019
ARLINGTON COUNTY | HOUSE FIRE | 33RD ROAD N @ N GLEBE ROAD | REPORT OF SMOKE COMING FROM A HOUSE UNDER CONSTRUCTION | SMOKE SHOWING ON ARRIVAL | RIT LEVEL 1 REQUESTED pic.twitter.com/2FaUItaeMQ
— Lincoln Fire Alerts (@LFireAlerts) August 9, 2019