The Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) is in the midst of a robust community engagement process, which includes a slate of events and opportunities where the public will have the opportunity to meet the BID staff, learn how its recently-approved expansion to include Pentagon City and the Arlington portion of Potomac Yard better positions the organization to support the district’s transformation, weigh in on the future of the area, and learn about the approach to and need for a new name for the BID.
Just weeks ago, the BID held two Open House events in Crystal City where more than 130 local residents gathered to celebrate the organization’s expansion and hear more about its ongoing place branding effort.
To continue the community dialogue, the BID will be holding two additional Open Houses, which will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 6 at the Barbara M. Donnellan Auditorium at Central Library and Thursday, November 7 at the Arlington Mill Community Center Room 421.
“Expanding the BID’s boundaries is a longstanding goal and we are excited to commemorate this accomplishment with the community,” said Tracy Sayegh Gabriel, President and Executive Director of the Crystal City BID. “Through our strategic approach and place branding effort, we hope to elevate the area so it is regarded as one of the region’s most convenient, inviting and evolving urban centers, and we look forward to discussing these initiatives with the community at our upcoming events.”
In addition to the Open Houses, the BID will be holding office hours at various locations throughout its expanded boundaries, in which residents can stop by and meet members of the organization, learn about the BID’s naming and branding approach, and give feedback.
Office Hours and Locations:
- November 4, 8-9:30 a.m. — Northside Social, Clarendon
- November 5, 2-3:30 p.m. — The Village Sweet, Westover
- November 8, 2-3:30 p.m. — Busboys & Poets, Shirlington
- November 12, 8-9:30 a.m. — Idido’s Coffee, Columbia Pike
- November 13, 8-9:30 a.m. — Commonwealth Joe, Pentagon City
- November 14, 2-3:30 p.m. — Illy, Potomac Yard-Arlington
- November 15, 2-3:30 p.m. — The Freshman Pop Up, Crystal City
- November 18, 8-9:30 a.m. — Central Coffee, Rosslyn