Not helping matters is the generally wet and cool weather, which has been keeping people inside when the outdoors and sunshine might be what we need most right now — other than a vaccine, obviously. More May-like temperatures appear to be a week away.
Here are the most-read articles of the past week on ARLnow:
- Grocery Store Fight Leads to Suspect Stop on Route 50
- Zip Code Data Shows Elevated Case Level Along Columbia Pike
- What’s Next: Virginia Reopening as Cases Hit Peak in Arlington
- Arlington Coronavirus Cases Up 135 Since Friday (May 4)
- Arlington’s Mexican Restaurants Were Swarmed on Cinco de Mayo
- Governor: Easing of Business Closures May Be in Sight
- New Mexican Restaurant Opening Tuesday in Shirlington
- New Ballston Quarter Promotions Aim to Support Restaurants and Food Banks
- Nationwide Search Finds New APS Superintendent in Fairfax County
Feel free to discuss those or any other topics of local interest in the comments.
And for your weekend viewing, here is a video conversation we had with Arlington Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Kate Bates last night.
Last night ARLnow sat down for a fireside chat with Kate Bates, President and CEO of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce. We discussed the state of the business community during the pandemic, what the future might look like, and the work Kate and the Chamber are doing.
Posted by Arlington Now on Friday, May 8, 2020
Learn more about the master’s degree and graduate certificate programs at the Schar School of Policy and Government on February 10 during the virtual open house.
On N. Kirkwood Road, amid a sea of brick homes, a sleek, modern house in black and white with pink trim stands out from the pack.
The threat of job loss over vaccination status may have motivated some 104 permanent Arlington County employees to get the shot. County employees have until next Tuesday (Feb. 1) to…
The AWE Women in Business Summit is back February 4 and Small Business Focus discusses that program that provides inspiration, education and more for women professionals.