This regularly-scheduled sponsored column is written by the Arlington Initiative to Rethink Energy team (AIRE). This county program helps you make smart energy decisions that save you money and leaves a lighter footprint on the environment.
We’ve posted before about how to check if your attic insulation needs attention.
Home insulation and air sealing have a significantly greater impact on your home’s energy use and comfort than new windows or doors.
Believe it or not, 9 out of 10 homes in the U.S. are under-insulated. That means that you most likely live in one of them. Plug into these ENERGY STAR how-to videos. This series provides attic insulation tips such as how to measure attic insulation, how to seal air leaks and learn why insulation is important.
- How to Measure Your Attic’s Insulation (30 seconds)
- Should You DIY or Hire a Contractor? (1:09)
- How to Seal Around a Plumbing Pipe (Vent) (55 seconds)
- Why Should You Insulate Your Home’s Attic? (56 seconds)
- How to Cover and Seal a Recessed Light (56 seconds)
- How to Seal an Electrical Box (36 seconds)
- Attic Insulation (15 seconds)
- How to Measure Attic Insulation (1:12)
- Duct Sealing (16 seconds)
Don’t suffer year after year with uncomfortable spaces in your home. In most cases, the fixes aren’t complex, and the cost will likely be less than you expect. You can also take advantage of the tax credit for insulation before the end of the year!
Are you unsure where to start? Do you have technical questions? Our Green Home Choice staff can help answer your questions and point you in the right direction.
For more information about how to Rule Your Attic or Green Home Choice, visit the Green Home Choice Website at www.greenhomechoice.us or contact [email protected]. Please contact us so we can help you take action today.