This week, in our Neighborhood Spotlight, we are taking a look at the Clarendon area of Arlington. This is one of Arlington’s most popular neighborhoods, with outstanding options for housing, employment and recreation — but does it live up to its reputation? Let’s find out!
What do you love about your community? Let us know down in the comments below — we’d love to highlight them in future Neighborhood Spotlights!
And, as always, if you have any questions about Arlington real estate, please click here to contact the Keri Shull Team, Arlington’s top-selling real estate team.
An Overview of Clarendon
Thanks to its prime location on the Orange Line, Clarendon sees lots of traffic from local and national businesses. Over the years, it has grown into a thriving center for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Clarendon is a highly desirable neighborhood for many people. Not only does this area offer urban conveniences and top-notch dining, but also high walkability and great transit options make it a dream for those living in Arlington. Even better, Clarendon is a bustling business district in its own right, making it a great place to live if you work in Arlington.
Clarendon Real Estate Market
Clarendon has a famously hot real estate market. Homes move quickly, and it’s not uncommon for bidding wars to break out on houses. This is great news for people looking to sell their house now in Clarendon — with the right agent on their side, homeowners can sell their home fast and get a great price due to competing offers.
For people who want to buy a home in Clarendon, the hot market can be somewhat daunting. That’s why, if you are considering moving to Clarendon, it’s a good idea to work with a real estate team who can help you find off market homes and walk you through negotiating the best deal for your new home.
What Are the Most Common Home Types in Clarendon?
Clarendon is characterized by apartment-style condominiums in larger buildings. Around two-thirds of the current Clarendon listings are this style of condo, and there are many different housing communities that dominate the Clarendon skyline.
Popular Clarendon Condo Communities
- The Phoenix: Located at 1020 N. Highland Street, The Phoenix is an 11-story contemporary condominium built in 2007 with a total of 194 units. Condos are available in a wide variety of floor plans between studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms.
- Clarendon 1021: Clarendon 1021 is a 10-story condominium built in 2005, with a total of 417 units, ranging from studio to three-bedroom floor plans. The building features a 24-hour front desk, rooftop pool with a grilling station, rooftop jacuzzi, fitness center, two private courtyards and a parking garage.
- The Residences at Station Square: Just a five-minute walk to the Clarendon Metro, The Residences at Station Square condominium is made up of a total of 309 units across three separate, high-rise buildings. Each unit has its own unique style ranging from loft style to more classically modeled. The units also offer a balcony, giving you your own private outdoor space right in Clarendon.
The Foodie Culture of Clarendon
As you can probably tell from our previous Neighborhood Spotlights, we really care about finding and trying Arlington’s top restaurants — and that search has often taken us right into the heart of Clarendon!
Some of our favorite Clarendon restaurants include:
- The Pinemoor: This southern-inspired steakhouse also offers a wide selection of unique libations.
- Spirits of ’76: With nearly 100 different liquors to try, Spirits of ’76 offers great food and drink in a truly inspired dining atmosphere.
- Don Tito: While less traditional than some of the other great taco spots in Arlington, Don Tito is unmatched when it comes to combining fresh flavors, innovative drinks and a fun ambiance.
Schools in Clarendon
You probably won’t be too surprised to hear that Clarendon has an excellent selection of schools. These include public schools like Yorktown High School and Arlington Traditional Elementary School, as well as private options such as St. Ann Catholic School, a National Blue Award Ribbon winner.
How Do I Find a Home in Clarendon?
Demand for homes can be fierce in Clarendon — and for good reason. The neighborhood offers:
- Extremely High Walkability
- Easy commutes to the rest of Arlington, Alexandria, and Washington D.C.
- Outstanding local shopping and dining
- Plenty of options for outdoor recreation
This means if you’re just relying on online search tools, you might have trouble winning a home in Clarendon right now — but there are other options out there! At the Keri Shull Team, we have hundreds of off-market properties that you cannot find online or anywhere else… and we want to give you priority access to these homes before they even go on the market.
If you are selling a house in Arlington, it’s more important than ever to make sure you are taking the proper precautions to protect your investment. The best way to do that is to speak with a top-tier real estate agent and create a completely customized home selling strategy.
So what are you waiting for? Just click here to schedule a time for a free, no-pressure Consultation with one of our Real Estate Needs Analysts!