You voted, we counted and the results are in.
Below you’ll find the winners of the ARLnow’s inaugural winter 2021 Arlies, as voted on by well over 1,000 readers. For each category, we’ve highlighted the top vote-getter, but have included up to two others that were close behind in the voting as additional winners.
Congrats to all of the winners and thank you to all who voted. The Arlies will return with a spring edition, featuring all new categories, in a couple of months.
Best Hill to Go Sledding
- Jamestown Park
- Other winners: Nottingham Elementary, Bluemont Park
- Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
- Other winners: Bakeshop, Pastries by Randolph
- Kenny Riggleman
- Other winners: Michael & Son, Chandler’s Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Origins Thai Spa
- Other winners: Azure Dream Spa, The Art of Health
Best Family Dinner Spot
- Silver Diner
- Other winners: Pupatella, Lost Dog Café
Best Pet Boarding
- Fur-Get Me Not
- Other winners: WOOF’S! Dog Training Center, The Board Hound
Best Insurance Agent
- Johno Steffen
- Other winners: Mike Garcia, Lisa Miller
- Scott Murray Jr.
- Other winners: Cheryl Gottesfeld, Edward J. Beck
Best ARLnow Commenter
- Flood Czar
- Other winner: Virginia Koons
Best Real Estate Agent for First Time Buyers
- Natalie Roy
- Other winners: Conor Sullivan, Wethman Group
Best Coffee Shop
- Northside Social
- Other winners: Idido Coffee House, Kino Coffee
Best Place of Worship
- St. Charles Parish
- Other winners: Rock Spring Congregational Church, Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church
Best Family Physician
- Dr. Angele C. Seiler
- Other winners: Dr. Kenneth J. Lin, Dr. Hong Hanh L. Nguyen
Best Restaurant for Takeout/Delivery
- Lost Dog Café
- Other winners: Liberty Tavern, Bangkok 54
Best Nail Salon
- Yorktown Nails
- Other winners: Nails 2000, Aura Day Spa
Best Private Elementary School
- Full Circle Montessori School
- Other winners: St. Agnes Catholic School, Rivendell School
Best Beer/Wine Shop
- Arrowine & Cheese
- Other winners: Total Wine, The Brew Shop
Best Personal Trainer
- Andy Shin Fitness
- Other winners: Nadya Lutz, Sheila Cordaro
Best Plumber/Plumbing Company
- Chandler’s Plumbing & Heating
- Other winners: Caffi Services, Marines Plumbing
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
A local nonprofit specializing in job placement for disabled individuals is drawing on federal funding to expand its services.
This column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Order from Arrowine’s expanding online store for curbside pickup…
An Arlington teen of the same name as an 18-year-old convicted in a recent high-profile case has been arrested after allegedly fleeing from police.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
T. (202) 845-7899
Experience through film the beauty of our relationships to cats. This unique film is a compilation of shorts with a feline theme which premieres every year in New York City and then travels to venues across the United States. This