You voted, we counted and the results are in.
Below you’ll find the winners of the ARLnow’s inaugural winter 2021 Arlies, as voted on by well over 1,000 readers. For each category, we’ve highlighted the top vote-getter, but have included up to two others that were close behind in the voting as additional winners.
Congrats to all of the winners and thank you to all who voted. The Arlies will return with a spring edition, featuring all new categories, in a couple of months.
Best Hill to Go Sledding
- Jamestown Park
- Other winners: Nottingham Elementary, Bluemont Park
- Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
- Other winners: Bakeshop, Pastries by Randolph
- Kenny Riggleman
- Other winners: Michael & Son, Chandler’s Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Origins Thai Spa
- Other winners: Azure Dream Spa, The Art of Health
Best Family Dinner Spot
- Silver Diner
- Other winners: Pupatella, Lost Dog Café
Best Pet Boarding
- Fur-Get Me Not
- Other winners: WOOF’S! Dog Training Center, The Board Hound
Best Insurance Agent
- Johno Steffen
- Other winners: Mike Garcia, Lisa Miller
- Scott Murray Jr.
- Other winners: Cheryl Gottesfeld, Edward J. Beck
Best ARLnow Commenter
- Flood Czar
- Other winner: Virginia Koons
Best Real Estate Agent for First Time Buyers
- Natalie Roy
- Other winners: Conor Sullivan, Wethman Group
Best Coffee Shop
- Northside Social
- Other winners: Idido Coffee House, Kino Coffee
Best Place of Worship
- St. Charles Parish
- Other winners: Rock Spring Congregational Church, Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church
Best Family Physician
- Dr. Angele C. Seiler
- Other winners: Dr. Kenneth J. Lin, Dr. Hong Hanh L. Nguyen
Best Restaurant for Takeout/Delivery
- Lost Dog Café
- Other winners: Liberty Tavern, Bangkok 54
Best Nail Salon
- Yorktown Nails
- Other winners: Nails 2000, Aura Day Spa
Best Private Elementary School
- Full Circle Montessori School
- Other winners: St. Agnes Catholic School, Rivendell School
Best Beer/Wine Shop
- Arrowine & Cheese
- Other winners: Total Wine, The Brew Shop
Best Personal Trainer
- Andy Shin Fitness
- Other winners: Nadya Lutz, Sheila Cordaro
Best Plumber/Plumbing Company
- Chandler’s Plumbing & Heating
- Other winners: Caffi Services, Marines Plumbing
Two dogs with the ruff job of sniffing out danger at Reagan National Airport are in the limelight. Ava and Messi — the pair of pooches prowling DCA for smelly…
Join the Alexandria Symphony for their Home for the Holidays concert on December 17-18.
Update at 2:55 p.m. — Metro is single-tracking past the station and expected to resume normal service soon, with fire department units clearing from the scene. Blue Line service has…
Stuck at home, work or school? Cheer the USA along with the crowd at Bronson Bierhall in Ballston. ⚽️🇺🇸 We’ll keep the livestream above going until the end of the…
Join us at Art House 7 this Saturday 4-7pm for our Annual Open House – Teacher and Student art show!
Meet our teachers
See student and teacher artwork
Teacher’s paintings, ceramics, notecards will be for sale
Enjoy beverages and light refreshments
All attendees get a $20 gift certificate off a class
30% off everything in our Supply Store for holiday gifts
Sat. Dec. 3, 4-7pm
Art House 7
The Alternative Christmas Market is back! At First Presbyterian Church Arlington in Ballston, located at 601 N. Vermont Street, Arlington VA 22203, on Sunday, December 4th from 9:30am to 1:00pm. Parking available.
Vendors and products this year include: 10,000 Villages, Olive Oil Ministry, African Team Ministries, Community Coalition for Haiti, Heifer, African Market Baskets, Café Justo, Thistle Farms, Southwest Indian Foundation, and Together We Bake.
Buy gifts for everyone on your list, and support these great organizations, artisans, and global neighbors. See you there!
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist