Arlington Economic Development (AED) and its partner organizations offer a variety of resources to businesses as they consider Arlington as a place to establish, locate or expand their operations.
To help businesses identify suitable programs, resources and services, AED launched a user-friendly tool that allows users to filter 30-plus resources by company role and resource type to pinpoint the most appropriate resources for a company’s needs.
A sampling of the resources available to businesses looking to establish, retain, locate or expand operations in Arlington include:
- Arlington County Real Estate Search: AED’s Business Investment Group works with businesses to identify prospective spaces for a relocation or expansion search.
- On-Site Business Retention Visits: AED’s Business Development Managers can assist with solutions and feedback to ensure existing companies’ needs and challenges are being addressed.
- State Workforce Development Programs: AED’s state partner, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, offers financial assistance and training to companies via the Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP) and the Virginia Talent Accelerator Program.
- Tax and Business Cost Comparisons: AED and its state economic development partners provide business cost comparisons between states and regions for companies evaluating a relocation or expansion using Virginia Economic Development Partnership’s CompareVA website. AED can also provide businesses more detailed cost comparisons locally and regionally.
- University Connections: AED has a number of connections with local community colleges and universities in the region, including George Mason University, Marymount University, Virginia Tech, University of Virginia, George Washington University and Northern Virginia Community College.
- Workforce and Talent Research: AED can provide detailed economic, workforce and talent research through various labor and talent-market database tools to determine staffing and hiring trends at the city, county and regional levels.
As businesses navigate the resources available to them, AED encourages them to connect with an experienced team member of our Business Investment Group who can discuss the resources in greater detail or facilitate introductions with the appropriate contacts at our partner organizations. These resources are vital to growing our local business community and helping prospective businesses hit the ground running in Arlington County.