The votes have been tallied and the results are in!
Below are the winners of the spring 2021 Arlies, as voted on by the readers. We’ve highlighted the top vote-getter, but have included up to two others that were close behind in the voting as additional winners.
Congratulations to all the winners and a huge thank you to all who voted! And a thank you to our sponsor, George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government.
The Arlies will return, featuring a new format and of course new categories in a couple of months.
FAVORITE DATE NIGHT SPOT
- Lyon Hall
- Other winners: Ruthie’s All-Day, Screwtop Wine Bar
- Overlee Community Association
- Other winners: Arlington Forest Club, Dominion Hills Pool
FAVORITE BRUNCH SPOT
- Other winners: Ruthie’s All-Day, Liberty Tavern
FAVORITE LOCAL SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
- @ARLnowDOTcom (photographer Jay Westcott)
- Other winners: @discoverarlington, @rosslynva
FAVORITE FARMERS MARKET
- Courthouse Farmers Market
- Other winners: Westover Farmers Market, Columbia Pike Farmers Market
FAVORITE ARLINGTON NEIGHBORHOOD
- Other winners: Clarendon, Westover
FAVORITE NOTABLE ARLINGTON RESIDENT (PAST OR PRESENT)
- Sandra Bullock
- Other winners: John Glenn, Katie Couric
FAVORITE LOCAL SHOP
- Other winners: Gallery Underground, Urban Farmhouse
- Bluemont Park
- Other winners: Lubber Run Park, Quincy Park
FAVORITE LOCAL NONPROFIT
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)
- Other winners: Arlington Artists Alliance, Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation
FAVORITE CLEANING SERVICE
- Maids in Brown
- Other winners: Wellnest, Two Maids & A Mop
FAVORITE AUTO REPAIR SHOP
- Cherrydale Motors
- Other winners: Japanese Auto Clinic, Joyce Motors
FAVORITE ROSSLYN-BALLSTON CORRIDOR REAL ESTATE AGENT
- Natalie Roy
- Other winners: Keri Shull Team
FAVORITE APARTMENT BUILDING
- Siena Park Apartments
- Other winners: Verde Pointe Apartments, Liberty Tower Apartments
FAVORITE OPTOMETRY SHOP
- Virginia Vision Associates
- Other winners: MacPherson Opticians, MyEyeDr
- Fuchs Dermatology
- Other winners: Skin DC, Clinical & Cosmetic Dermatology
FAVORITE MOVING COMPANY
- Bookstore Movers
- Other winners: Town and Country Movers, JK Moving Services
FAVORITE PEST CONTROL COMPANY
- Pest Now
- Other winners: All American Pest Control, Suburban Pest Services
The announcement of the winners can be seen in the video below.
Steps away from Target, Good Company Doughnuts!
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 4853 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
This past week saw 57 homes sold in Arlington. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $169,000 while the most expensive was…
Arlington County has filed a response to the Missing Middle lawsuit against it. Ten residents are suing the county, arguing that the recently-passed zoning changes known as Missing Middle were approved illegally…
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,