Earlier this year, Arlington Economic Development launched its monthly TechConnect Profile series to highlight companies in our technology startup ecosystem.
Arlingtonʼs startup ecosystem has been rapidly expanding over the past five years and is quickly becoming recognized as an established innovation hub in the United States.
Since beginning the profiles, AED has highlighted five Arlington-based companies, all of which have had great recent success in growing their revenues and workforces and raising venture capital for future growth.
Below are some company highlights from the profiles:
- CareerGig: In January 2021, CareerGig announced the acquisition of Charlottesville, Virginia, based Moonlighting, a SaaS platform that empowers individuals to build their freelancer profiles and allows businesses to hire talented professionals quickly and affordably.
- GoTab: In September 2020, GoTab announced that it secured a $6 million investment to enhance its innovative technology and further bridge the gap between contactless dining and full-service hospitality.
- DeepSig: In March 2021, DeepSig announced its 5G Wireless AI Lab opening in Rosslyn, which includes an end-to-end 5G network using state-of-art, commercial grade, multi-vendor products and tools.
- VerticalApps: In 2020, VerticalApps was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by both the Washington Business Journal and Virginia Business and recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States with a growth rate of 336% in the annual Inc. 5000 list.
- Lovelytics: In 2021, Lovelytics was named one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Greater Washington in 2021 by Washington Business Journal and selected as the winner of Tableau Software’s 2021 Rising Star Partner of the Year Award.
As technology startups continue to be a driving force in our local economy, Arlington Economic Development and its economic development partners seek to help companies launch and grow through several business resources to ensure the industry’s success.
If you are an Arlington-based technology startup interested in being profiled, please get in touch with me to discuss how to be featured.
Work continues at the Serrano Apartments to improve living conditions for residents of the affordable housing complex. Repair and maintenance work started in earnest after advocates brought to light the…
An increase in extreme weather events and community power usage has made the need to modernize our powergrid’s resilience a pertinent topic of discussion.
The union representing Arlington Public Schools teachers is calling for “drastic and immediate” improvements to the school system’s new remote learning program. This school year, when most students returned to…
Firefighters are investigating a possible kitchen fire at Dama Pastry and Restaurant on Columbia Pike. Units arrived on scene at the long-time Ethiopian eatery at 1503 Columbia Pike and found…