With today’s Zoom lifestyle, carving out a work-from-home space has been essential, and the brand-new J Sol apartments in Ballston offer several solutions to help residents of this 22-story luxury building boost their productivity.
Read on to discover the top 12 ways you can stay on the top of your WFH game at J Sol.
- Create a dedicated office space in your den. Select a one-bedroom plus den floor plan to enjoy the benefits of a dedicated space to create an organized home office. Best of all, at 5 p.m. you can close the door to your den and take a short commute — three steps to the living room — to start your evening.
- Reserve a private work pod. The community offers two private work pods that can be reserved by residents. These two work pods are your office away from the office.
- Find your favorite spot. There are ample lounge areas throughout the building to find a quiet corner to bring your laptop or a lively spot to meet neighbors when you want a break. Choose from the sky lounge, indoor hanging garden, solstice lounge, wifi lounge with printer or lobby lounge — there’s always a space that’s just right to suit your mood.
- Hit the town for lunch (or happy hour). Ballston is a dynamic neighborhood bustling with energy and life. With a 94 Walkscore, J Sol is an easy stroll to the Ballston Quarter and close to numerous boutiques, cafes, restaurants and happy hour spots.
- Stay organized with a built-in desk. Select floor plans offer a built-in desk to provide a distinct workspace to keep you organized.
- Tap into 24/7 service. The front desk concierge is at your service to help simplify your life.
- Work outside with skyline views. Why limit your home office to four walls? Take your laptop out to your private balcony or the rooftop terrace amenity, and enjoy the skyline view to work-from-home alfresco.
- Take advantage of a built-in bookcase. A bibliophile’s dream, select layouts offer a custom-built millwork bookcase in the living room, a perfect spot for books, organizing work papers or showcasing collectibles.
- Sleep soundly. Blackout shades in the bedrooms ensure a blissful night’s sleep so you wake up in the morning refreshed and ready to start the day.
- Hit your health goals. Self-care is important, too. Meet your health goals at the on-site fitness center featuring leading-edge cardio equipment, spin bikes, strength training, a MIRROR interactive system, TRX, and everything from a punching bag to battle ropes that will amp up your workout.
- Maximize space with closet organizers. Whether the day calls for a tailored suit or yoga pants, the built-in custom closet organizers help maximize space to house your wardrobe.
- Take a break. You know what they say about all work and no play… Unwind in the rooftop infinity pool, swing in a hammock, play a game of shuffleboard, ping pong or billiards with a friend, or cozy up by the fire pit. J Sol’s high-altitude amenities deliver breathtaking experiences day or night.
J Sol is located at 4000 Fairfax Drive in Arlington. Call 703- 782-4168 to schedule a tour of these boldly designed, brand-new apartments ascending 22 stories above Ballston. Visit this website to explore floor plans and availability, browse the photo gallery, view 360-degree walk-throughs, and apply online.
Tour Country Club Hills to discover its lush herbage, mature trees, and the Victorian and frame houses of the area in Neighborhood Spotlight.
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
9th Street Chamber Music is back in business for its second season! 9SCM is disrupting the stereotypes of classical music as stuffy, dry, and elite through dynamic yet accessible performances and its one-of-a-kind String Quartet Intensive for young musicians in the DC Metro area.[9th Street Quartet](https://www.9thstreetchambermusic.com/9th-street- quartet)’s first concert is on Sunday, October 16 at 4:00 PM. The group will offer, for the first time, a ‘Playlist Shuffle’ themed concert featuring single movements of string quartet favorites. Tickets for this concert can be found here, and are $20 for adults and FREE for all students under 18.
Rehearsals began Monday, September 27 for the String Quartet Intensive, welcoming 32 new and returning members to the program. These talented musicians in grades 7 through 12 represent over fifteen area schools throughout Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland, and are an integral part of the growing 9SCM community. Their first performance will take place on Monday, November 28 at 7:30 PM.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker