It’s the afternoon before Christmas Eve and all throughout Arlington, things are getting quieter.
Whether you’re celebrating the holiday here, out of town or not at all (except perhaps the traditional Chinese takeout and movie evening), we hope you have a great holiday weekend. Also, we hope you booked your pie reservation early.
— David Johnson (@exponentialdave) December 23, 2021
Here are the most-read articles of the past few days:
- Police investigating after two people found dead in apartment
- Massive fire at former Va. governor’s Chain Bridge Road mansion
- Crash in Clarendon critically injures pedestrian near Whole Foods
- Police: Man who tried to enter gym without membership fights two officers, tries to take their guns
- Covid cases rocket upward, shattering record, with hospitalizations low but growing
- A new lobster roll eatery is rolling into Shirlington
- New milestone reached in Virginia Hospital Center expansion
- The Highlander Motel is being demolished with a CVS set to open in its place late next year
- Photos: Some of the Arlington homes we’ve seen bringing holiday cheer
- County seeks input on potential Clarendon parking lot redevelopment
ARLnow will be off tomorrow and for the weekend, but we’ll be back first thing Monday morning as usual. Have a merry Christmas, Arlington!
Learn how to maximize the home buying search from the Keri Shull Team’s seminar on January 24 at 6 p.m.
Attorney General Jason Miyares won’t be axing a state investigation into potential housing discrimination against residents of the Serrano Apartments launched under his predecessor. Early last week, the civil rights…
Covid-related staffing shortages are forcing Arlington libraries to shutter some services, including shutting down two branches this week. Cherrydale and Glencarlyn libraries will both be closed through Sunday (Jan. 23),…
The Ballston Business Improvement District is hosting a series of Washington Capitals watch parties as the local hockey team closes in on another playoff spot. Beginning this Thursday (Jan. 20),…