We hope you are celebrating George Washington’s birthday with a three-day weekend. Most county services will be closed Monday and there are festivities abound in Alexandria for those who want to partake.
The week’s roundup of news included everything from updates to Covid mitigation strategies in schools to confirmation that an Amazon Fresh is coming to Crystal City.
Now, here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- A bunny has apparently infiltrated the Pentagon
- The original Five Guys was located in a strip mall along Columbia Pike
- Man arrested after Clarendon bar fight allegedly turns into sidewalk knife fight
- APS must make masks optional by March 1, will present new policy today
- Amazon Fresh grocery store opening in Crystal City, company confirms
- Part of Arlington has lost water pressure, officials say
- County considers new definition of ‘family’ to prevent housing discrimination
- Arlington’s test positivity rate drops below 5%
- Jury convicts man of 2019 Rosslyn stabbing spree
- New historic marker at Bluemont Junction Park speaks to impact of Jim Crow laws
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great long weekend!
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Today we published 5 articles that were read a total of 12854 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Arlington’s fire and police unions are poised to lose a battle to change the pay scale the county uses — one that union representatives say contributes to ongoing staffing shortages….
Shop local this holiday season at the Winter Bazaar taking place Saturday, December 17-18.
(Updated at 10:20 p.m.) It does not appear that the Asian-inspired restaurant Wagamama will be opening in Clarendon this year. Back in March, the London-based chain with more than 200…
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Grab some friends and sign up for Parks & Rec’s Eugene J. Green Memorial Winter Basketball League! Adults 18+ can register teams of up to 12 people for the ten-game season. Cost is $765 per team. Games are Mondays and/or Wednesdays at Arlington Mill Community Center starting the week of Jan. 4. Sign up here by Dec. 11.
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist