This week some signs of spring have started to poke through despite the wild and wintry weather expected tomorrow.
Blossoms have started to bloom and some residents are planning for peak season viewing later this month. With the seasonal changes also comes daylight saving time — don’t forget your clocks will jump ahead one hour this Sunday at 2 a.m.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Theft suspect seriously injured after fall from Pentagon City mall garage
- Man stabbed outside Sequoia Plaza complex after fight on bus
- Vehicle overturns on GW Parkway, may be linked to Georgetown robbery
- What Arlington, the ‘Hoboken of D.C.,’ can learn from the NJ city about pedestrian safety
- Construction begins on revamped Crystal City Water Park and courtyard along Crystal Drive
- Taqueria el Poblano is closing its Columbia Pike location this spring
- Arlington’s test positivity rate nearing pre-Omicron levels
- Part of Columbia Pike to close next year as cemetery expansion project ramps up
- Japanese restaurant Yuraku planning to open next month in long-vacant Rosslyn space
- As residential redevelopment plans in Crystal City take shape, community benefits may hit snags
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend, Arlington!
Update at 7:10 p.m. — Get ready for round two. Arlington is under another Severe Thunderstorm Warning, this time until 8 p.m. From the National Weather Service: BULLETIN – IMMEDIATE…
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…